tuscl

karaoke nights

I saw an ad for Karaoke nights in two Ohio SCs recently (Dreamgirls and Baby Dolls).

Just wondering if any of you guys have been to karaoke nights at strip clubs and what it has been like. Do the customers serenade the dancers or is it mostly just the dancers goofing off with it? Do the customers have to pay his dancer of choice to go up and sing? Or is this usually just a freebie gimmick to draw in more customers to buy drinks and pay cover.

12 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    That's not the set of lips in which I'm interested.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    amen, george
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I have never seen karaoke in a strip club. If naked hoes aren't enough to get bodies inside the club, then I guess the club needs to do whatever it sees fit to get bodies in the club and spending money.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    The music in SCs can be bad enough without bad singing thrown into the mix. And why bother to mix media? T & A & G yes, singing no.
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    business must really be bad...
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I remember one night I went with a friend to the High Heel Saloon in Somonauk, IL (an appropriate name for a strip club, IMHO) and they had a moment where the DJ got one of the waitresses to sing, as if it was karaoke. I thought it was very odd, although it was clear she was some sort of singer and not just doing karaoke. That marks my only experience hearing someone sing in a strip club, although lip synching is another story altogether.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Sam - will they have Auto-Tune for the T-Pain songs?
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Karaoke at a strip club makes no sense. The heavy beat of sexually charged rock & roll music is what makes guys buy lap dances...and of course the big tits and nice ass on the dancer. I have been to a club that throws in a Sinatra ballad now and then - but that is high quality music for slow, deliberate lap dancing.
    14 years ago
    I recall maybe 2-3 years ago that Sapphire in Vegas used to advertise Stripper Karaoke. Have no idea what that is or whether they still have it.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    lol steve...dreamgirls does not even have their own website. They are living in the dark ages.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    thanks for the link MG, I liked the quote "This has to be a hit in Japan."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion