tuscl

Caution! Scantily-clad hazard ahead: Italian prostitutes get own road sign to wa

The experienced motorist will have seen a multitude of road signs warning of children crossing, elderly pedestrians and wildlife.

But the one to the right would surely prompt a second glance.

Some might say that the image of a well-endowed woman in mini-skirt and high heels is, in itself, a hazard.

Giovanni Azzolini, mayor of Mogliano in the Italian province of Treviso, however is determined to use every means to fight the growing number of prostitutes – often transsexuals – who line the streets at night.

‘I will not leave any citizen alone to combat this phenomenon, which has by now surpassed any level of tolerability,' he said.

He added that some motorists were having accidents after being distracted by scantily-dressed hookers.

In addition to the signs, police patrols are being stepped up. Both prostitutes and their customers face large fines if caught.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnew…

03rd April 2010

2 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    I am told thatin the 1970's, there was an old strip joint called "The Crystal Palace" on the south side of Houston. It was actually a converted large wooden house with a large front porch. It's "draw" was actually a naked woman on a swing on the porch.

The club had to stop the practice though, because of a large number of car accidents on the street (Kirby-it was located outside the employee entrance to the old Six Flags Astroworld theme park).
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Hmmmm, this is up near Venice, Italy. It's weird since prostitution is technically legal in Italy, but I guess some localities have tried to fine the "johns". In nearby Padua, prostitutes devised a way to counteract the customer penalties by issuing pink coupons to their clients promising to refund the 30 Euro fine "in kind"...lol...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion