tuscl

How far back into past discussion topics back do you continue to read?

Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:37 AM
After how many days or how many discussion topics do you continue to follow them? I usually try to read maybe the past 20 discussion topics, but it seems like only the last 5 to 10 receive active responses.

20 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Oh fer fun I kept hitting "older topics" link at the bottom of the page and made it all the way back to I think last June. Tried to post a new entry to an old topic from then and discovered Founder has limited the fun to newer material. I guess if it's 4 or 6 weeks or older it's no longer open to new posts.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    I usually read thru the past 10-15 whenever I visit the site. This discussion barely made the cut.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    txtitty, you mean this discussion about discussions LOL
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    I would add to the older topics if I could. Would be nice to be able to bump them to the top when some of the same questions show up over and over. But I don't really read past the first couple of pages since I don't post much.
    14 years ago
    During the week I check this topic list once per day. So however many topics have received updates in the past 24 hrs. Typical is probably 10-15 topics.

The display is of the most recent 25 topics. It is very rare that more than 25 topics have been updated in a 24 hr period.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I usually try to start where I left off last. I have yet to go to the third page to do that, though.
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    It would be really helpful if the site kept track of the last time you were logged in and highlighted the discussion threads that had activity since the last time you were here. That way you could just scan the titles and look for the "New" flag. Would be a great help.

Founder? Any hope on this one?
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    I just bookmark whatever threads I comment in or would like to follow until they become too old to comment in anymore.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    I usually stick to the first page unless I want to check on a topic I posted in earlier that is no longer on that page (or any Dick Johnson post). Unfortunately, I seem to be a thread killer, since many of the topics that end up dying out have one of mine as the last post. If I wasn't so confident about my nerdy, vapid charm; muddled, obscure insights; and primitive, Neanderthal wit, I might develop a complex about a thing like that!
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    Damn! It happened again!
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Ok, that's two DoctorDarby posts - thread officially killed. Founder, please wrap this baby up and put it in the "older 25 posts" where it belongs.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    DD, I'm surprised Steve didn't ask for the right to sell your organs...
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    Funny you should say that, when I woke up from a particularly rough night of clubbing the other day I was missing my keys, wallet, spleen, and one of my kidneys.

NOW this thread is officially a dead parrot! It's deceased . . . no longer living . . . categorically non-functional, etc.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    Right now it looks like I'm in Start=75 territory...
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I sometimes go back 22 months.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    I normaly just do the current stuff....but when I first started I would dig like a made man !....I only do it know if I'm bored and I'm waiting on people to comment on the current stuff !
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I seldom post to topics that aren't still on the first page, but the NEW TUSCL format only has 10 per page...I thought the previous version had more. Maybe I'll have to get into the 2nd page if I'm away for more than a day.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Obviously, I wasn't paying attention here....lol
  • racejeff
    13 years ago
    I used to scan back to the last topic with new comments added since my last visit. Now that format change doesn't shoe laast comment date don't know what I'll do.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I'll go back a few pages to find one that I had posted on. One can't be too careful with Clubber about. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion