tuscl

Tossed from strip club, man responds with gun play

An Edmonds man who was reportedly angry that he had been kicked out of the Deja Vu strip club near Pike Place Market has been charged after he allegedly pointed a handgun at a stranger who he thought was laughing at him. Carlos Chaidez was charged Tuesday with second-degree assault and unlawful possession of a firearm.

According to court charging papers, Chaidez, 18, and a friend were kicked out of the Deja Vu on March 11 after the friend, also 18, allegedly groped a 20-year-old dancer and exposed his penis, court charging papers said.

About a half-hour later, a 25-year-old man drove into the parking lot and approached Chaidez and the other man. The two men thought the older man was laughing at them so Chaidez retrieved a pistol from his Range Rover. He placed the pistol against the man's chest, neck and chin and ordered the man to leave. The man complied.

Seattle police were called and Chaidez was arrested.

When police found the weapon, a bullet was in the chamber and the safety was off, police said.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/th…

6 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    Here are more details to the story:

Teens charged in assault on stripper, weapons possession

By LEVI PULKKINEN
    SEATTLEPI.COM STAFF

Prosecutors have filed assault and firearms charges against two teens accused of groping a dancer at a downtown Seattle strip club before using a pistol to accost a man.

Describing the March 11 incidents in court documents, a Seattle detective said the string of altercations began inside the Déjà Vu Showgirls club in the 1500 block of 1st Ave.

According to charging documents, Christopher Bryant Demus, 18, was receiving a private dance from a 20-year-old stripper there when he began grabbing her. Police claim Demus also exposed himself to the dancer before he and a friend, 18-year-old Carlos Alberto Chaidez, were ejected from the club.

Prosecutors alleged the teens' continued to behave badly on the street where, shortly before 2:30 a.m., Chaidez and Demus allegedly accosted a man who'd parked his car in the parking lot where the two men stood.

"Demus asked (the man) 'What you laughing at, cuz?' and started to bait (him) into a fight by chest bumping him," a Seattle detective told the court.

As Demus continued to attempt to provoke a fight, Chaidez went to a nearby Land Rover, grabbed a .380 cal. pistol and chambered a round, the detective told the court. Chaidez then held the pistol against the driver's neck, shifting the firearm to the man's chest and then chin.

Fearing for his life, the man returned to his car and called 911. According to the detective's statement, officers arriving at the scene watched as Demus dropped a handgun under the SUV's tire.

Examining the pistol, described as a .22 cal. Kel-Tec, officers found it was ready to fire with a live round in the chamber and the safety off, the detective said. Officers noted another pistol on the rear seat of the SUV.

Chaidez, who had left the scene prior, was arrested shortly after police arrived. The detective told the court the teen directed him to the location of the pistol drawn in the parking lot.

Chaidez, of Edmonds, has been charged with second-degree assault and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm, both felonies. Initially jailed, he was released after posting bond on $75,000 bail.

Demus has been charged with misdemeanor assault and carrying a firearm with intent to intimidate. Briefly jailed, he has pleaded not guilty to both misdemeanor counts according to Seattle Municipal Court records.
    http://www2.seattlepi.com/articles/41693…
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Sam, I've been to that Vu. It's on a second floor, above business retail, etc. Lots of good-looking gals anxious to sell dances (fully clothed, one-way contact.) NO contact allowed by guys (as if you couldn't tell.) Good thing none of the dancers left with these two, for they might well have become victims.
  • sinclair
    15 years ago
    18 year olds with a Range Rover and handguns? Gangbangers, drug dealers, or both?
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    Both.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    One of my pet peeves-I'm out at a club. A hot young gal is shaking it on stage and some 18 year old (drug dealer) is making it rain on her while his mountain sized enforcer is staring down any guy looking at the stage.

Sometimes, I wish I could be out with my militia buddies so that the enforcer and his employer get taken outside and taught some manners.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    I don't know you guys. It did say the other guy was laughing at him. Kind of asking for it when you do that, huh? :P
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion