tuscl

"Call Me" (Blondie)

how
Texas
Had a funny experience with a dancer recently, and it related to the sometimes-debated notion of sharing/accepting phone numbers with dancers:

Went to a club I'd only been to a few times before. Saw a dancer I'd met once before. She seemed much more amorous than the last time...grabbing and kissing me as we sat at one of the tables. She was raring to go, but there was no privacy to be had in that club...how about OTC? She asked me to wait for her outside, and she would go out with me that night (it was only about 8 o'clock). We got a room, went at it like bunnies, and chilled until about midnight. She asked me to take her back to her club, where a cab was going to pick her up. But first, she gave me her phone number: "Call me tomorrow at about noon, and we will spend all night together tomorrow. I don't have a boyfriend, and I want you to do it to me like tonight. I won't be working."

Okay, I said. And I made the requested call the next day. No answer; did not leave a message. She called back a few minutes later. And she said, "Don't call, because my boyfriend will be mad."

Queue "Twilight Zone" music... ditzy stripper...

20 comments

• georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Well, you got *one* good session out of it, right? :)
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    And dancers wonder why we preach the doctrine of extreme caution in all contact with them.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Exchanged numbers with a young dancer. I think I may have been her first steady "regular" and she was pretty excited about it. After she got my number she started texting me ALOT. Like every day, several times a day. Random stuff, like saying she was going to the tanning salon, or just had her nails done. 3 am texts about how wasted she was, and so on. It was like Stripper Twitter, lol. Things cooled off between us and the texts eventually died out, but it was pretty crazy for awhile.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I just don't understand why someone with a phone in their hands would take all the time to type out a message when they can press ONE key and say what they wish in seconds!
  • SnakePlissken
    15 years ago
    I tend to agree with you Clubber, but I do like the fact that you can use a text to make conversations very short, without the need for all the pleasantries and yacking you get on the phone.
  • SnakePlissken
    15 years ago
    How, my guess is she had just broken up, and she might have rebounded on you or something like that, then, between your night of passion and your unanswered phone call, she got back together with him. Or perhaps she was just cheating on him outright because he's a jerk, and you're so totally awesome.

Keep us posted. Have you seen her since this incident?
  • Mr.White
    15 years ago
    had this stripper get a text when i was sitting with her atc .she says.omg i gotta quit giving my # out when i'm on extasy and ambian.LOL. she told me she didn't remeber nothing about a half hour after taking it.then she tells me she could have fucked the guy as far as she knows..holy shit..i kinda said i had to go take a uhhhh whatever.left her sitting there at the table.so she could have had some dudes hiv splooge inside her from lastnight..fucken gross.glad she said something i would've got a dance from her she was new.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Clubber, as someone else put it, it actually *can* be faster for some types of message to text than call. And I would rather they text than call, if one of the kids or a coworker is present.

As it is, I use a google voice number to give out to them. All kinds of nifty features, including call screening and sending them to a "this number is no longer in service" message if they outlive their welcome.
  • rickdugan
    15 years ago
    Rational behavior from a stripper is as likely as finding $100G in a bag on your front lawn - isn't going to happen. Nothing to worry about, you just roll with it. Ride the wave when it is there and move on to the next one when it is time :)

In terms of sharing your cell phone #, why the fuck not? I have a couple of these skanks texting me now and again and, if I don't want to be bothered, I ignore it.
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    The truth is that she is a total liar and does not even remember what she said and to who.............. virtually impossible to miss that bad
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    SP,

You mention, "...make conversations very short, without the need for all the pleasantries...", but you have to realize there is no "need" for that, unless you make it so. Hey, John, I'm leaving for the tavern now, see you there. Done.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    lol, it took me years before I knew what my cell phone number actually was. I just kept in the glove compartment in case I ever needed it.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Snake: No, I've not seen her since. Don't expect to, and no big loss (although she's a freak-in-the-bed...)

Samsung: A benji-and-a-half
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Well, I can't exactly get on the phone and talk to my girl during a long meeting at work...but I can sneak in some sexting, lol.

Plus strippers love texting.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Well fuck.I guess that I am a loser.I do have a cell phone but it is just for emergencies. I cant text or take photos.I dont even know my number. But I do use email and phone for those that are really important to me. 3....
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Just wondering how much did this OTC cost?

if you have a new phone like the env or blackberry it is much faster and easier to type out a short message than call and wait for them to pick up. And that is if they even bother to pick up or are available. I agree though those old phones are a pain for texting. With blackberry it is as easy as sending an email.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I know several people who have "hobby phones" that they use to call prostitutes and give out in strip clubs. They rely on statistics, that if they give their number out to 20 dancers maybe one of them will call them for a weekend hook up. The phones are cheap and you are not required to pay a monthly contract. Only pay for minutes or texts when you want to use it.

Reminds me of that song "I used to be love drunk but now I'm hung over"
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Why would that stop you, if it was from the previous night and there was no obvious evidence of leftovers? Did you have the impression she was a virgin or something? I mean, it's not like you were gonna do her bareback and get it all over you.

Is it?
  • Mr.White
    15 years ago
    i'm wierd like that i guess.if she woundn't of said it i would have did the grind but she had to tell me.if a stripper tells me she just had sex it wierds me out thats all.no she is not nor do i think any stripper is a virgin.hmm that would be something though.a stripper with a hymen..she would probly make a bundle! lol
  • how
    15 years ago
    Mr White said, "if a stripper tells me she just had sex it wierds me out."

Reminds me of a gorgeous dancer in San Antonio. She once described her hairstyle as "the freshly-fucked look." She and I never did it, but not for any "wierded-out-ness" on my part. I just had no game, I suppose. I lusted for her, but never got anything more from her than DFK and over-the-pants mock-BJ.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion