tuscl

Municipalities hurting for money

A local city council just raised the fine for speeding in a school zone (20 mph limit) from $150 to $500. Yes, $500. Plus, the school gets to tack $50 onto the ticket.

What more is to come?

6 comments

• arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Well, for starters, maybe they will start legalizing pot and collecting tax on the sale. Like Oakland California. Then, maybe they will start legalizing commercial poontang and collecting tax on the sale. Like Amsterdam, Tijuana, etc.
  • Dazymaz
    15 years ago
    well government isnt really know for having any common sence ,,, if they did they wouldnt have wasted so much money on fighting the lapdancing and would have legalized pro's a long time ago ,, I would gladly pay " tax " on my income if i was permitted to work the way i would like to and where i would like to ,, like incalls and such ,, but like i said our countries are run by no brainers..
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Just wondering what muni is this?

$500 for a speeding ticket is outrageous. I know a dancer who has received an OVI (operating vechicle under influence - similar to a DUI) and it was a $500 ticket.

Also it is unlikely they will legalize pot and tax it...the DEA would get their funding dried up if they could not make easy pot busts.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Sam, when I find it published I'll post the story or a link. Heard it from a reliable source via the grapevine, fyi.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    Should expect to see plenty of muni's go broke (or at least threaten to go broke) this year and next. Good time to short munis I say, or go long the spread between munis and treasuries.
  • zeke
    15 years ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion