tuscl

Do Dancers use the term "ATF”?

The terms “favorite” and “ATF” are of course commonplace on this site, but do the dancers you know use those terms?

If a dancer comes over to me and I tell her "I'm waiting for someone", she'll usually say something like “oh, so who's your girl?” or “who's your regular dancer?” Sometimes they even use “girlfriend,” as in “I'll go tell your girlfriend you're here.” Just wondering what your experience has been.

18 comments

• CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Not that I've heard. It wouldn't surprise me to hear them use the abbreviation "IV" though, as in "Oh yeah, I have an IV connection to his wallet."
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    No I don't think dancers would know the term ATF unless they read this website. Most dancers understand and use the term regular alot. In my experience I know some even are particularly careful to not use too much terminology for regulars, to avoid issues.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I am sure if you used the term "ATF" around a stripper they'd probably think of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. I do hear "regular" a lot, though.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    DD,

I doubt they would think of them. My guess is they would try and figure what the "A" was instead of a "W".
  • gk
    15 years ago
    That's our special jargon. Dancers I'm familiar with use the terms "customer," "regular" or "regular customer" when referring to us, in polite company.

Also, I don't think I've ever heard a dancer make a distinction between an ordinary and a special customer, other than, "I have to go now, my customer is here" meaning that it is a customer she defers to because he's spends big money with her.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I have to agree with "regular" but I have also heard client.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    I get that we're known as "regulars" (in polite company, as gk puts it - "loser" and "weirdo" are usually confined to the DR).

I was thinking more like DandyDan's response - if I told a dancer that "Tiffany" was my ATF, would she know what I was talking about?
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    steve, I can't think of why you would say that to the ATF, it's not like it's a Hallmark Greeting "Your a hot ATF!". That expression is really used when talking to others.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    They usually use the term Regular or Whale (big spender). If your VIP and you take a gal to VIP, the other gals will ask her what did she get off you(money).
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I've always heard them say "regular".
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I've never heard a stripper refer to anyone as a whale, probably because they might think they were saying fat (and not the big fish or gambler).
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    Strippers use the term whale on Strippers Web especially Hustle Hut. These are guys who are big spenders in the club like $500 - $1000 or more.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    If a dancer were familiar with the term ATF, I bet she'd use it on every one of her regulars. It would become just another SC buzz word for her to make us think that each of us are her favorite. Yeah....favorite wallet at that moment in time, maybe....but that's all.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Steve, I understand your q
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Steve, I understand your question now. Personally, I don't think we should "pull back the curtain" on much of the stuff we talk about here. If a dancer wants to participate, that's her right and she can join in, but otherwise, this is like a fraternity. We need some secrets. So no, I would never say to another dancer that so and so is my ATF. I suppose if you have that type of relationship with a dancer, most everyone else (dancers and regular customers) who have half a brain knows the score, so referring to it is redundant. If a dancer doesn't see it, she's probably new or an airhead.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Stooge, chump, sugar daddy, sponsor, rent, daddy warbucks or Donald Trump are just a few terms they use when we are out of earshot.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Stripperweb is where all the PMS bitching all the time strippers go.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    I've had dancers ask me if I have a favorite girl, and the answer is always "not really". "ATF" is something I haven't heard them use.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion