tuscl

Republican family values stripper wins Massachusetts Senate race

There was a male stripper who won an election...I wonder how many female politicians were ex strippers or if this will encourage strippers to enter office?

January 20th, 2010
Scott Brown won Cosmo magazine's Sexiest Man contest in 1982. Yesterday he was elected to the Senate seat formerly held by Ted Kennedy. He beat Martha Coakley by 5 percent.

While the Democrats still hold an 18-seat majority in the Senate, they have been conceding all ability to pass any legislation whatsoever, including health care reform. Why is it that when Bush was president, Republicans only needed 49 seats to pass everything Bush wanted but when Democrats have 59 seats, they can pass nothing? Just asking.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/instant-tea/2…

14 comments

• georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Because "republican" tends to mean one or two fairly similar factions, whereas "democrat" tends to mean dozens of factions, all trying to het a leg up on their ostensible friends.
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    Because most of what Bush wanted, the democrats wanted. Bush was a pos
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    And his daughters are hot:

http://thesuperficial.com/2010/01/scott_…

I like Ayla.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    I voted for Mary Carey in the Cali gubernatorial election back in 2003, but Ah-nold won and ruined everything.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Why is it that when Bush was president, Republicans only needed 49 seats to pass everything Bush wanted but when Democrats have 59 seats, they can pass nothing?"

It's hard when you are a true "big tent Party" & you at least tacitly respect the rules when you are in power. The GOP has filibustered more items than ever since being in the minority. Since Senator Franken was sworn in July 2009 the Dems haven't been able to pass much of anything besides extra unemployment benefits, extending the homebuyer's tax credit, and putting Sonia Sotomayor on the Supreme Court. I'm not mourning their loss of a "super-majority".

"Because most of what Bush wanted, the democrats wanted."

Sheer nonsense.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    MG, maybe it's because the public is buying what those 60 Dems are selling.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Did you mean "isn't buying" gk? If so, I would argue that the vast majority of voters in both the 2006 & 2008 elections would disagree with that analysis, but you really aren't being specific...so whatever...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    lopaw,

I saw your candidate dance at a club in Key West many years ago. Thank God I didn't have to pay admission at the club since they knew me.
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    Amen, steve229. his daughters are hot, I'd do both of them.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    samsung asked: "While the Democrats still hold an 18-seat majority in the Senate, they have been conceding all ability to pass any legislation whatsoever, including health care reform. Why is it that when Bush was president, Republicans only needed 49 seats to pass everything Bush wanted but when Democrats have 59 seats, they can pass nothing? Just asking."

Why? 60 seats is enough to overcome a filibuster, 59 isn't. However, to filibuster, a Senator (or group of Senators) know that they risk their political reputation if they filibuster on something stupid. If Bush wanted a tax cut, woe to the idiot who stands in his way.

Unless your present circle of friends includes only Kennedy's, you should know that nearly three quarters of the public doesn't want a fed takeover of health care. The public backs a GOP filibuster of the health care takeover, if attempted.

The health care bill is stalled, and might soon be dead. Cap and Trade is DOA. A groundswell of support is building for a third party. In Texas, there are 32 Congressional seats. The Teabaggers are running 11 candidates, against both dems and GOP. Right now, it appears that at least five of the teabaggers will win, and that's just Texas. For the first time in 18 years, a legit third party is running and woe to those who scoff at them or take them lightly.
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    Teabagging is for MisterGay. Tea Party is indeed on the rise
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    Clubber,
    Ya gotta love that Mary. Her main campaign platform when she ran for governor was:

1. Lap dances would be tax deductable
    2. Boob jobs for dancers would be free.

I can't understand why she didn't win. If every red-blooded SC goer would have turned out on that election day, it coulda been a Mary landslide!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "However, to filibuster, a Senator (or group of Senators) know that they risk their political reputation if they filibuster on something stupid. If Bush wanted a tax cut, woe to the idiot who stands in his way."

I don't think this is true at all. Like I've already stated, the GOP has filibustered more times than ever in the history of this country, and it doesn't seem to have hurt them yet. As for the Bush tax cuts for the rich, the 2003 tax cuts only passed the Senate with Dick Cheney's tie-breaking vote, and all the Bush tax cuts really did was increase inequality in the USA & balloon federal budget deficit.

"Unless your present circle of friends includes only Kennedy's, you should know that nearly three quarters of the public doesn't want a fed takeover of health care"

...which has not been proposed by either Obama or any of the Congressional bills that are still under consideration, period.

"A groundswell of support is building for a third party. In Texas, there are 32 Congressional seats. The Teabaggers are running 11 candidates, against both dems and GOP. Right now, it appears that at least five of the teabaggers will win"

...in your dreams that is. All the teabaggers & their allies in the "Club for Growth" have done in the long-run is elect more Dems to office...so go teabaggers go! :)
    ---------------------------------
    "Tea Party is indeed on the rise"

...again, in your wildest dreams that is wing-nut...lol...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    lopaw,

I don't remember a lot about her, but as I recall she was a definite dud in Key West.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion