tuscl

An Irvine cop ejaculates on a (stripper) motorist but escapes criminal liability

MisterGuy
Rhode Island
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:32 AM
Some excerpts from the article below:
"No one disputes that an on-duty Irvine police officer got an erection and ejaculated on a motorist during an early-morning traffic stop in Laguna Beach. The female driver reported it, DNA testing confirmed it and officer David Alex Park finally admitted it.

When the case went to trial, however, defense attorney Al Stokke argued that Park wasn't responsible for making sticky all over the woman's sweater. He insisted that she made the married patrolman make the mess—after all, she was on her way home from work as a dancer at Captain Cream Cabaret.

'She got what she wanted,' said Stokke. 'She's an overtly sexual person.'"

"'Park didn't pick a housewife or a 17-year-old girl,' Kamiabipour said in her closing argument. 'He picked a stripper. He picked the perfect victim.'

In the wee hours of Dec. 15, 2004, Lucy (only her first name was used during the trial) finished her final shift at Captain Cream in Lake Forest, not far from the Irvine Spectrum. Management had let her go after an incident involving a female customer in a bathroom stall. According to court records, there had been a small amount of cocaine, kissing and breast fondling.

Meanwhile, Park was on patrol in the southwest portion of Irvine. Prosecutors believe he was craving a sexual rendezvous, and so he watched for Lucy's white BMW to leave the strip club parking lot, then tailed her, waiting for an excuse for a stop. Park insisted he'd been cruising on the 405 north and coincidentally saw Lucy's vehicle weave and speed.

Kamiabipour, the prosecutor, shook her head in disbelief. She knew the facts—that the officer had waited at least eight or nine minutes before stopping the stripper on a secluded section of a highway that was out of his jurisdiction.

'He was stalking her,' she said.

Four months earlier, Park had stopped Lucy under similar circumstances. That time, he'd ignored a plastic drug baggie he'd found in her car and her suspended license."

"He also shrugged his shoulders when Kamiabipour slowly listed the first names of nine Captain Cream female employees—Annette, Denise, Rashele, Marlia, Brandi, Andrea, Deborah, Laura and Shannon—whose license plates he'd run through the DMV computer in the weeks prior to his sexual encounter with Lucy."

"Records show he ran the bosomy, 5-foot, 110-pound dancer's license plate before the stop, did not call for backup despite the potential for an arrest and failed to tell his supervisor or dispatch that he was leaving Irvine. Several Irvine officers testified that Park's behavior that night was odd."

"In a secretly-recorded phone call to Laguna Beach police shortly after the incident, Lucy recalled that she'd told Park she had no license. Park began 'rubbing himself up against me,' she said. 'Then, he said, 'What are we going to do here, Lucy?'

Park unzipped his pants, took his penis out and got an erection, she explained. 'Basically, the officer made me give [him] a freaking hand job and he let me go. I'm so freaked out about it.'

(Lucy also told police, prosecutors and the jury that Park had also fingered her vagina and fondled her breasts before he ejaculated on her.)"

"And there was this unspoken advantage over the prosecution: longtime courthouse observers have no memory of an Orange County jury convicting a police officer of a felony."

That's a looong way to go to get a free "extra"...ugh...

http://www.ocweekly.com/2007-02-08/news/…

14 comments

• steve229
    15 years ago
    "Management had let her go after an incident involving a female customer in a bathroom stall. According to court records, there had been a small amount of cocaine, kissing and breast fondling."

lopaw, was that you?
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    I have absolutely no problem with a guy going to a SC and doing whatever he has to to get his jollies. Creepo cops, though, are on my list of pet peeves.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Mr. G., how'd you find THAT one?

LOL, Steve!
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    CTQWERTY- I'd guess he searched internet "Police Officer Stripper Hand Job" for a bachelor party LOL
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    That cop got played by that stripper for something. Probably out of jurisdiction so his buddies won't find him overlooking a ticket for some tickle time. Then she turns around and burns his ass. Don't make deals with a devil.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Uh, it sounds like if he got played, he was more than willing to play the game in the first place. If the allegations about following and running license plates are true, then he deserves nothing but contempt.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    LOL steve
    I never fondle & tell! ;)
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Gator, didn't the Village People have a policeman? I'd be worried your search would turn up something "unappealing" in San Francisco (not that Mr. G's find above was much better...)
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I believe so, hopefully he wasn't looking for that kind. You have to refine the search engine if you live in San Fran, you never know what would show up at the door!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "how'd you find THAT one?"

You know...I actually forget where I saw this story very recently, but as soon as I saw it, I thought, "Hey, this needs to be on TUSCL!", even though it's from a few years ago. :)
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Kewl. I should've known it was old; the same dancer is probably now driving an '05 Hyundai instead of a BMW.

I wonder what officer Park is up to now? Could he be the PL funding the '05 Hyundai?!?
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I think I remember reading in the article that he wasn't in LE anymore.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    I'd like to know if this story became material for any late night comics: "Dancer gets creamed on after leaving her shift at Captain Creams".
  • sanitago
    15 years ago
    sounds like cop justice. kinda reminds me of the case in Chicago last year where an off-duty cop (6'+, well over 200 lbs.) beat the crap out of a female bartender who barely broke 5' and walked, even though the whole thing was caught on the bar's security camera!
    I guess there's the law for citizens, then there's the law for cops.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion