tuscl

Crazy bar fights

I was at one of favorite clubs in Detroit recently, Players on Eight Mile on a Friday night when a bachelors party came in. Later in the evening, someone must have had a hair up his ass, and threw a punch at the "bachelor" and about 20 guys got into it. The club had 3 bouncers on duty that night, but it took some doing to break up the disturbance. I was curious what have been some of the craziest bar fights you guys have seen at the clubs.

11 comments

• CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    20 combatants?!? Doesn't that constitute a "Royal Rumble"???

Good luck to the 3 bouncers. Them numbers are usually the kind where the bouncer gets tossed through a window out to the sidewalk (course that never happened in Madison, Wisc.)
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I read a review on Private Dancer on tuscl about the guy being too afraid to enter the bar because there was a fight going on. That review is the main reason why I have not visited that SC. There is not enough room in a SC for violence!
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I agree. Nothing cool about a bar fight. Well, maybe in the movies. Nowadays there's a good chance gunfire will erupt. I don't need to be caught in the crossfire. I try to stay out of clubs that attract a criminal element.

Of course, the club I frequent is rumored to be "connected". Def Mafioso types working there. That keeps out the 'bangers.
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    PH, I totally agree. I stayed my side of a long bar area table, ready to duck. Players is not usually that kind of place, it's a long established classier strip club on Detroit's east side. 99.8 per cent of the time, it is a laid back club with a great mostly private VIP area along with the new VIP room with a locking door, but something happened that night. The only upsides of the fight was that noone did pull a gun, and the bouncers did a good job of breaking up the fight and cooling things down
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    Alcohol and people... no matter where you are fights are a possibility.

I saw some bar fights back in school, but they typically poured into the streets and the cops dealt with them.

When I worked "security" at a college bar my senior year, we had a few fights but nothing ever too serious. If we were quick we could usually cut things off at the start.

Road House style brawls are rare and if I seen one somewhere, I leave. To much of a chance of getting shot for my taste.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Only real bar fight I was in, and very shortly at that, was in Dayton, Ohio. It wasn't in a SC, but involved a dancing woman. I was minding my own business sitting at the bar when I felt something like someone biting the back of my leg. I looked down and saw someone WAS biting my leg. Not hard enough to get through the jeans, but enough to leave a nice looking bruise. I proceeded to pull back my leg a push her away with my foot. I then as I was walking out the door, I saw that there was a bit of a fight out on the dance floor. The music and noise was so loud, I'd not even heard the scuffle going on.

As I exited, I joined a group of about 5 guys outside, all very large. Seems they were football players and two of them (good buddies now bloody) had started the fight when a comment was made about the black guy dancing with a white woman. All in all, a pretty harmless even. We all went back inside and continued the evening after about a 1/2 hour.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I haven't bore witness to too many fights, but I remember this one in my favorite club once which involved these two guys and a girl (non-dancer) and their buddies. It was essentially a street brawl. The one guy was bleeding from his eyebrow. I'm thankful it didn't take part in the part of the club where I was sitting. It was weird to see the dancer dancing oblivious to the whole scene. This strikes me as one good reason not to take ladies to the strip club, because this fight was essentially about the girl.
  • Skyrbuoy
    15 years ago
    Many years ago, again at a batchelor party. The father-in-law to be stuck a finger in a dancer. Mayhem ensued between the party and security. I litigated between the Sheriff's deputies and the attendees, and since I was the DD that night, we managed to leave with only one bloodied groomsman.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    In all my years of strip clubbing, I have never seen a fight between customers. I have seen 3 but they were all between dancers. Drunk.
    15 years ago
    I've seen very few fights in strip clubs. It normally doesn't get beyond shouting and threats before the bouncers break it up.

I've seen more fights in non-strip club bars.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    Many years ago I was in Mons Venus when a big fight erupted. As any of you who have been there know, it is a very small club with only one entrance at the door (they must pay off the Fire Marshal or be Grandfathered in). Consequently everybody in the club was unable to leave. All of us not in the fight went under the tables to avoid flying bottles and cans. It was BYOB club at that time, but that was changed soon after. By my next visit, no outside drinks were permitted and all drinks were served in cups. After the relatively long fight I discoverd that the windbreaker jacket that had been hanging on the back of my seat was suddenly gone. Some time later I saw a dancer wearing my jacket and suggested to her it would be a good idea to return it, she agreed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion