tuscl

Strip Clubs evolution

Clubber
Florida
Having been mostly out of the club scene for about 5 years and now getting back in, I've notice some changes. One particular club brought this to my attention last evening. During my frequent visits years ago, it was most all latin. During the my "down" time, I visited a couple of times. The club seemed to have drifted to a more caucasian club. Last evening and on another recent visit, it has become mostly black.

Another club, which was my local stop went basically the same way. As a matter of fact, my favorite bartender that I've known for years, advised that I stay out of the club in the evening.

I wonder if this is a common thing or just something I've noticed because of my long hiatus from clubs?

14 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    Strippers come and go as groups for some clubs. They migrate for reasons I don't fully understand.

Case in point, back in 04, I went to glamour gals one nite with a friend. I was low in cash and the place was hopping with thick bodied latinas. There was a waitress I would've paid $$$ to get private with her. Anyway, went back about six months later and the girls (including the waittress) had moved on.

Houston Dolls-from 04 to late last year, whenever I went, it was an easy place to get extras. Last week, on a new visit, lots of fresh faces and no extras to be had.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Of course the dancers change as individuals, but I am talking of a cultural transformation.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    Do you mean the dancers or the patrons shift? One club went from redneck to ghetto.
  • sinclair
    15 years ago
    I just finished up my Houston tour and every club I seemed to hit were anywhere from half Hispanic dancers to all Hispanic girls. It got boring quick in that regard. The Hispanic girls liked to pop out the children young: I saw quite a bit of cottage cheese on the tummy and saggy tits.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Dancers move on as they see market changes. Clubs change owners without notice to customers and new owners may change marketing practices. I've seen clubs that look like they went from high quality control to hiring anyone who walked in the door. And some owners will maintain an ethnic mix of dancers while some will just fill in the schedule with anyone.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    One of the clubs I used to visit before it closed went from all white to basically a black/Mexican split (there were still white dancers, but they stuck out), which was just plain weird. I don't know if there was a plan involved, but it just happened.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    The change is basically patrons and customers.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Kahoot's used to be mostly older single gentlemen then it started shifting more towards younger people and more couples. In this change/evolution they got rid of their free admission online pass, and raised up their prices on food and drink. Probably because the couples spend less money on dances and more on food/drink.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Extras activity used to be very rare, years ago. Now it is almost the norm in the same club under new management.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    SD,

I'll agree with that. I remember it was a real treat to even have a hand on the other head, but now, that is basically a given.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Over the last 8 or 9 years I watched the Platinum Plus go from a little heard of club in SC to being in the top 10.Myself, shekitout and a dancer named Carter were instrumental in this transition. Carter retired 6 years ago but shekitout and myself found new toys to play with. The mileage continues to increase. I just hope they don't get busted like their former sister club in Memphis.
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    Clubber, up here, I've seen variations, too, it depends on the club, the lower end clubs seem to have gotten blacker, while the higher end clubs are still mostly Caucasian dominated dancers. Enhanced tits seem to be the norm at the higer end clubs.
    As far as sc's last comment, I shake my head(the big one) wondering sometimes how clubs don't get busted. In Detroit in particular, there is current law regulating clubs that isn't being enforced, which leads me to question the current push in strip club regulation by the Detroit City Council. It's a cycle, we will wait and see where it goes.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I have noticed the dancers look younger to me now than they did 5 years ago.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    Customers now seem to have the upper hand in the strip club game as the economy turns for the worse. Gentlemen, we have the whores on the run! Keep the pressure on! Remember they are just whores. Treat them as such. Let's eradicate PL'dom once and for all!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion