tuscl

Tips on how to'Make it Rain'?

reignfire
South Carolina
Sunday, December 13, 2009 8:41 AM
I've kinda had it in me to 'make it rain' at least once so what are the do's and don't? What's the least amount you have to have? Do I throw it in the air, through it on the dancer, or do I drop bill by bill on her? Is it okay to request that she spread out on the floor to receive it? I'm just guessing at all of the possible scenarios at this point so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

22 comments

• Clubber
    15 years ago
    First, may I ask why you wish to do this? If you do this to one dancer, you risk pissing off the rest. In My world, it is better just to tip her "heavy" and make sure she knows it. Say you tip all dancers with a $1-$2, well for her, make it say a $20 and just be sure she sees the denomination.
    15 years ago
    I don't see it often but what I've typically seen is a guy buys 100 ones. Usually a hot bartender or waitress does the "honors". Has the girl lay on the stage and fans the ones onto the girl. May stuff a few in the outfit (if there is one). Has the girl turn over and repeats until all the ones are exhausted. Never done it. Would probably only do it if I won the lottery or something.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Also don't see it much, but usually it is either as 59 describes, or the whole stack is thrown into the air, so the bills literally rain down on the dancer. Couple of don'ts: Once a group of young wanna-be gangsters were in the club, trying to impress the ladies by making it rain. But they were throwing maybe 10 bucks at the most each time...the girls were all sniggering at them - don't be that guy. On the other extreme, a favorite told me about a guy dropping $400 bucks on her once. There were so many bills she had to get a couple friends to help her pick them all up. The weird part is she didn't remember ever seeing the guy before, and he didn't say anything to her, didn't stick around for a dance, just made it rain and then left. Ah, don't be that guy either. May want to PM Snoop Dogg or 50 for more info.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    Snoop and Fiddy got nothin' on Pacman Jones. Pacman is a rain making professional.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Just be careful if this is an upscale club. At kahoot's the dancers get upset and they even threatened to throw someone out after he made it rain on stage. The bouncer came over and was like "You need to learn how to tip with respect or else get out of here". "How would you like it if you had to pick up your paycheck off the ground!?" They were completely ignoring the fact that the guy must have thrown up at least 20 $1 bills and just accusing him of tipping in a disrespectful manner.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Not going to encourage something that usually goes wrong more than times than right, but here's a few words on who should absolutely NEVER make it rain: - Guys who can't throw a dollar more than a foot without needing to ball it up. They're like those uncoordinated people who can't throw a pitch overhand and should just pass the thing over quietly. You can't ball up $100 in ones. - Guys who put nasty strip club dollars in their teeth so they can get a cheap stevie or other assorted scratch n' sniff favors when the dancer comes over. All the way in your mouth? Really? Imagine what a jackass you'd look like standing on stage with 100 times more disease-ridden bills stuffed in your face trying to spit them on a dancer. Actually, I'd pay a guy $100 to do that if I could take some pics of it. - Guys who get angry when a dancer doesn't give them the proper amount of affection when he tips a dollar. It's a fucking dollar. You can't even buy a bottle of water for a dollar anymore. I really don't want to see some tightwad struggle to work up the nerve to toss $100 just to a) shit himself when he realizes he just threw $100 in the air b) bum rush the stage to keep the dollars from actually touching the dancer and the ground or c) pass out, slamming into the stage face first and smashing all his teeth out. Maybe I'd chip in to see some guy try to do b and get his ass kicked. But seriously, if you really want to do it, it's your money and you can have the dancer do whatever you want. If the dancer doesn't know you, make eye contact and let her see what you're trying to do. Don't make a big deal out of it, just use the same signals you ordinarily would. Or if you're close enough say a few words. If you know the dancer, let her know before she goes up unless you want to surprise her. Most of the times I see it if more than $20 is involved, the guy will throw a bunch of money up first for effect, then walk up for some close up action with the dollars still going. Another common way is the guy will tip a few bucks to get her close, keep her there while dishing out dollars like a deck of cards, then toss the rest in the air when he gets bored. The cheesiest way is to do it in a group, but that can work if you're dealing with enough cash and the dancer knows whose $$$ it is. If it's being done to show off, you might want to practice at home first so you don't end up with rainmaker's remorse. Have fun.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    PS - To samsung's point, know where you are before you try. There's this dive out by Seattle I was in that only let guys throw poker chips on stage. That's an extreme case, but the point is to know whether a place is receptive to the stunt. Being "upscale" has little to do with it.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Not signals and dancing? Were the native americans wrong?
  • neoguy
    15 years ago
    I've only seen the brothers do this, and to be honest I used to think of it as disrespectful. I talked to many white girls and they don't even get it. I talked to a young black gal about it. She told me it is not a show of disrespect at all. I agree with what samsung said "How would you like it if you had to pick up your paycheck off the ground!?" . (I have seen a few white dancers leave some dollars on the floor because they feel is is a show of disrespect to throw it at them and not put it in their garter) The last time I seen it, it was a bigger black dancer crawling around on the floor on all fours. The guy stood at the edge of the stage and threw them all over her. She had them in her hair, on her back...she was bigger (not too fat) and they were in the rolls of her back as she moved. I would say he used 25-30 bucks. For three minutes worth of work, I would say any dancer would be fine getting 30 bucks like that....but I would never make it rain. I will tip 2-3 bucks at the stage for someone I like and $5 to let them know I want them to stop over, where I would then spend more on them up close. I guess I go to cheaper clubs, so all this is typical amounts.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    I saw this done once and I thought it was stupid and still do. Not recommended.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I don't see the point in it. Maybe they want to call attention to themselves. They must also have a lot of money to waste. I don't and would never do it.
  • Yoda
    15 years ago
    It's stupid and though the dancers will take the money any way they can get it most of time it pisses them off. If you like a girl and you want to impress her tip her a $50 or $100 bill at the stage.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Hey gator, considering none of your favs speak more than a few words in English I'd figure you'd be a master at the hand signals. And once again a thread starts with a question and ends up with post after post of guys talking about themselves and dime store socioeconomics.
  • strappyg
    15 years ago
    I'm not sure it's too disrespectful if you throw it on the girl or stage. I know no one want to crawl around the floor for money, but if it's acceptable to throw 1-2 dollars on stage, why not 10, 20, 50 or 100. I once had a dancer give me $50 to make it rain while she was on stage (I was tempted to leave with the money). She also wanted me to throw in some of my money. Her thinking was that if I threw tons of singles at her, other guys would follow and for some reason it happened. Everyone left happy. She got paid, I got extra attention from other dancers who thought I would make it rain if they were "friendly" enough.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    I saw it done last night, the guy went up to the stage and just the bills down one after the other quickly then sat down. I still thought it was stupid, but that's about the best it gets.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    There used to be a couple of dancers that would give my friend & me each $20 or $30 in singles of their own money to "make it rain" on them. At this particular club, it got the dancers alot of business because many of the customers thought that any girl who got money showered was worth taking for a dance. The dancers were actually pretty smart with this ploy.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    wallanon- I'm doing hand signals now! Most of the imports know alot more english, stick any immigrant in this country in a strip club long enough and they will eventually learn something.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    snowtime, When I first asked why, the reason I asked is the same as your statement, "Maybe they want to call attention to themselves." That has always been my thought when I've heard of or seen this done. If one is out to "impress" a dancer, slipping her a a few $20 bills or perhaps a $100 bill would certainly do the trick better.
  • Jmoney007
    15 years ago
    i have seen people make it rain at my favorite spot(usually around the 1st of the month) and nobody there seems to have a problem with it. but i agree with samsung1, if its an upscale club then it may be frowned upon, the club im referring to is not so upscale and is in a rough area and has mostly black clientele and dancers so i can imagine an upscale club in the suburbs not condoning such an act. my advice to you is to ask bouncer and a dancer to findout if they even allow it, and i can also imagine other dancers getting pissed off at you because if you dont make it rain on them they can and will get jealous and will most likely alienate you by spreading rumors and such but thats just my guess.
  • Jpac73
    15 years ago
    You don't necessarily have to throw the money up in the air to make it rain. I have taken 20 dollar bills in singles and steadily tipped the dancer at the stage while she is dancing in front of me. After you leave the stage, everyone will see the dollar bills lying on the floor.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Didn't want to comment, but finally I had to say something. When you make it rain by you, you make it dry for for everybody else. The dancers will likely flock to you like bees to honey just in case something will also splash on them. If you feel it's necessary to get this type of swarming attention, maybe you have some hidden psychological problem. Did you mother leave your diapers on too long once when you were a baby? Seriously, since I now probably offended you, not for meanness but to get your attention, give this some thought before your next storm cloud. There are many other ways to have fun.
  • jabthehut
    15 years ago
    I just don't get making it rain or throwing money at the dancers. Why don't you put a bill in your mouth and let her take it with her mouth? As to the $100 to a dancer, I put a bill in her garter and the other girls were really impressed until she explained it was what I owed her for a VIP from which she had to rush on stage.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion