tuscl

Are strip clubs often robbed?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:24 AM
Seems like they would have a lot of cash on hand. Do they take precautions? How much cash do they take in on a busy night?

9 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    I don't think they often get robbed at gun point but I am sure the employees and dancers skim money and lie about # of dances sold, etc. I came across a news story that reported on a strip club robbery..I'll copy/paste it here for you. Lexington police arrested a woman Monday on charges that she robbed a local strip club. Police said a woman entered Divas Gentlemen's Club at 1318 Russell Cave Road about 10 p.m. Sunday with a handgun and demanded cash. She then fled the club. About 1 a.m. Monday, police pulled over a car in north Lexington for a traffic violation, Lexington police Lt. Doug Pape said. The woman in the car, Elizabeth Weiser of Las Vegas, fit the description of the robbery suspect, Pape said. Weiser was arrested on charges of first-degree robbery, possession of drug paraphernalia and theft of identity after she allegedly gave police several false names. [view link]
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    More often then not, it is the clubs that rob the customers. Would you like to try and take $$$'s from a bunch of dancers? Could be considered suicide! :)
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    About once a year, a Houston strip club is found to be on fire. After the fire is out, the safe is found to be missing. Only managers of said clubs would know how much is in there, but it's a safe bet-at least 10k. However, not a smart thing to do. If the cops don't get you, a guy named Guido will. You better pray it's the cops.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I doubt it.Can you imagine trying that it a club full of drunks? Some one would jump your ass.And would get help from others.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    A DC nightclub owner was just convicted of tax evasion for skimming the profits from his clubs. When the IRS raided his home, they found $1.9 million in cash. So, find out where the owner lives, and rob his house instead!
  • zeke
    15 years ago
    From the Akron Beacon Journal on 11/6/2009 Two men with handguns and wearing dark, hooded sweatshirts ordered customers at Georgie's Zoo bar in Akron to empty their pockets and the clerk to empty the cash register. The robbers left the bar at 1312 Brittain Road with credit cards, cell phones and a small amount of cash, Akron police said this morning. The robbers were described as two black men, each 25 to 30 years old. One was about 5 feet 8 inches tall and the other was about 6 feet tall. Anyone with information is asked to call Akron police detectives at 330-375-2490.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    zeke, that is why I stay out of the akron clubs. I have heard too many crime stories from akron to make me interested in visiting some of their popular clubs. Bottom's Up Lounge is on my hot list because they have high mileage $5 dances but I have been hesitant to visit because of akron crime. Christie's in cleveland is another club I am hesitant to visit because of crime in the area.
  • zeke
    15 years ago
    Not sure if the bar I mentioned is a strip club. The names and addresses do not match, but they may be connected. I assumed that it was a strip club because I read about it on another site, but? Georgies Girls: 1306 Brittain Road (This is a strip club) Georgies Pub & Zoo: 1312 Brittain Road I have never been in the area so I do not know from experience.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    It's not really a prime target by the type of people who usually do 'hold up' types of robberies... I mean, it's full of people, often right in the middle of things, and known to police... They also typically have employees dedicated to 'security' not to mention video cameras. Cash would also most likely be scattered all around the place, not in a single safe or register. I am kinda surprised more of them don't get robbed after hours... They have to keep a lot of the money in a safe, I mean banks aren't usually open when they close and night drops with that kinda cash would be dangerous.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion