tuscl

Is the discussion board becoming more ranchy?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I have been posting on here for about 10 years. I have seen a lot of guys come and go.But I have notice a gradual change in the content of the discussions. Posters are coming out of the closets with racier stories than I ever heard 10 years ago.

I am not complaining. It is change for the good. keeps things more exciting and interesting. Personal attacks have also increased. Not a good thing. Your opinion?

14 comments

• londonguy
    15 years ago
    Not a veteran like your goodself Shadowcat but in the short space of time I have been posting i'd agree with you. I don't like the personal attacks either.
  • RickWood
    15 years ago
    I don't post very often, but up until recently I will admit to not being sure how far was too far on the Discussion Board. It seems that some degree of raunchiness is acceptible, that just makes it more entertaining. I'm not a fan of the personal attacks either.
  • brewerfan
    15 years ago
    I think that the raunchiness in clubs itself has increased. Especially due to the decline in the economy. For instance, I was in my favorite club on a Saturday night around 7:00, and it was so dead that it felt like a Tuesday afternoon. So, given that, I think that the girls are more raunchy to make a good tip; which, in fact means, the discussion boards leave more interesting stuff to say. I really don't know. I'm fairly new to the discussion board, but I thought that I'd say this.
  • KootchieKoo
    15 years ago
    Yep, the personal attacks and political crapola are the reasons why I don't read this board much anymore.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I don't think anyone likes the personal attacks except the person delivering them. I actually thought there were less personal attacks now than several months/years ago.
    There may be an increase in raunchiness and there may be a connection to the level of incresaed activity in many clubs. A good thing in my opinion.
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    I agree with jamie1 re increased "raunch" (aka mileage) in the clubs. The board is a reflection of reality as far as the range of topics and the depth of the related comments. So, if there is more "raunch" going on in the clubs, it follows that there will likely be greater description of said "raunch" in the comments. Scat's right, ten years ago there wasn't much comment about HJ, BBBJ and FS because it might tip off LE...it probably still does or can, but I doubt it's a mystery to them anymore. I have no objection to a poster describing, in reasonably good taste, the details of of his/her latest big adventure at the club.

There is no justification for personal attacks. It isn't entertaining, and it provides no useful information. This site isn't about political beliefs and conspiracy theories either. Most posters treat each other with an amazing amount of respect. A little ribbing now and then, but overall a very cordial bunch. Sometimes I expect you to step out of the screen for a moment to introduce yourself and shake my hand...

Are the racier stories offensive? We're big kids we can deal with an occasional R rating.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    I've wondered about this... I think it means a few things.

1. We've discussed just about everything we can, new topics are harder to find.

2. The sites getting more popular, and possibly attracting a younger, slightly less dignified (myself included) base.

3. I've seen personal attacks since I started here, frankly I don't think they're any more intense than usual.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    4. Frankly I'm more annoyed by the stupid fucking comments that are so not related to Strip Clubs, than anything else...
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    I remember the flame wars of 10 years ago. We are nowhere near that--yet. And I hope that doesn't resurface. Raunchy discussions reflect the rauchiness in the clubs as more is offered to get money in a tough economy.
  • rogergreene
    15 years ago
    I'm pretty much a newbie here, but I also think it's probably a combination of two things.

There are probably more (and younger) people who are posting now that grew up texting and blogging, and they're probably used to being cruder when writing.

But there is definitely more action in the clubs than there used to be. Ten years ago, the only places I knew to reliably get heavy extras were the O'Farrell Theater in SF and some competitors. I'm not saying I've been everywhere, but they seemed like an outlier. Now there are tons of clubs that have private rooms where you can easily get off. Maybe you combine that with a tough economy and you have girls really going past what they would normally do.

I don't have history here, but I actually think this board is very civil compared to other discussion groups.
  • neoguy
    15 years ago
    I enjoy the rauchiness. I don't come on here to hear cute stories of nice families. The great articles I read here make me want to hit the club again and see if I can find a stripper I hear about here.

As for the attacks, who cares. I can skip over them if I want.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I'd say probably a little more, but there haven't been golden shower or other off the deep end discussions
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    Yikes, gatorfan, now you opened the floodgate LOL. Like other folks have said, I haven't the experience on the discussion area of this site to say whether the attacks have increased, I've seen a few individuals that generally seem to be the attackers, I am not going to name any names, but I imagine some individuals are of that personality type. Some of them do get entertaining, I've posted a few remarks of late pertaining to that, generally, I'll just stay out of the way and attempt to give reviews of places I've been to, locally and around the nation. Up here in Detroit, the experience has gotten more intense, I agree that the dancers are open to more possiblilities, our economy up here sucks bad with the auto industry reorganizations.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    sc,

You are one of the few that has been here longer than I have. I really haven't noticed a difference other than a few are useless and boring.

A real nice change of pace with lopaw and jj.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion