tuscl

LIfetime membership cards.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:35 AM
I have had one for the Platinum Plus chain for about 5 years (5 clubs)I am told they cost $500 but I got mine free. They have gone HI TECH. On my last visit they asked me to fill out a form for a replacement card. It had about 20 questions on it Name, address, phone number, email address, favorite dancer, favorite bar tender, favorite waitress, favorite drink, birth date and more. I refused to answer them.Too personal!Would a dancer give you that. They got my name and birth date and retired. I got the new card. They swipe it.Even that is a nuisance.The normal door girls know me so well, they just wave me in.I did talk to Sammy (day manager) about it.He said it was just a way to make things friendlier.If they want to make it friendlier, let the girls do it.

10 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I thought membership cards have annual membership fees at clubs?
  • Good lord
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    gatorfan, I am told the your can get a 1 year card for $250. But it is $500 for a lifetime card. It is only $3.0 during the day and $8.0 at night. It would be difficult for me to justify that cost but I got it free and it lets me take in 1 guest.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went high tech to find out more information on who was using the cards, how often they attend, etc. etc. They may think about coming up with something new like a 2 or 3 year membership for $300 or $350. If I wanted to spend the money and take a gamble, I could probably break even in less than 1.5 years. However there are too many what if's in that to make me want to do that. The only reason I would do it is to save money on admission. I'd worry about spending the money and either losing the card or saying they are no longer honoring it after a year or two or else the club suddenly not worthy of being visited.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I thought about buying a membership Club X (the only club ranked in the top 100 from Columbus) has membership packages on their website. XXX Club VIP Membership: $525 for 1 year. (What a rip off.) Free Parking (the club already HAS free parking) Free Entrance + Unlimited Guests Anytime Quarterly News Letter XXX VIP Membership Polo Shirt Free VIP Room Dance (1 per visit) Free Bottle of Bubbly on your Birthday 1 Year Membership The free VIP room dances sounds interesting but I think getting just 1 dance is simply not enough and I would end up buying more dances anyways. Also I wonder how the dancer would feel about giving a free dance if I was showing up every other day to get my money's worth lol. And the "free parking" aspect makes it sound like the website team and the club management are on different understanding. Cover at the club is usually $8 but I have plenty of free admission passes and they have a free admission pass in the Ohio Night Vision magazine. They also have: XX Club VIP Membership: $350 Free Parking Free Entrance + 4 Guests Free Couch Room Dance per visit 1 Year Membership or: X Club VIP Membership: $175 Free Entrance + 1 Guest I think I remember posting a discussion on whether I should buy one and the conclusion was not to because too expensive for 1 year and it sounds fishy that they are advertising free parking to members when it is already free.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Speaking of HI TECH...have you guys been to one of the FL Disney parks? They take your fingerprint when you redeem your ticket to make sure they are not stolen, etc. "For years, Disney has recorded onto tickets the geometry and shape of visitors’ fingers to prevent ticket fraud or resale, as an alternative to time-consuming photo identification checks." [view link]
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    "Speaking of HI TECH...have you guys been to one of the FL Disney parks? They take your fingerprint when you redeem your ticket to make sure they are not stolen, etc." I dunno, Sam. I think it's all a devious ploy by the government & Disney to find enlistees for Iraq/Afganistan. Same with those free t-shirt giveaways at the baseball parks one receives when one fills out an application to supposedly apply for a credit card. Watch out!
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    I got a free VIP card to Bogarts (also works at Henry's N/S and JHS) just for showing up on "customer appreciation day" last year, sometime in February I think. Saves the $5 cover.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    I've read where [view link] has lifetime VIP card for $49.95 ( good for free/discounted cover, etc at several Los Angeles area clubs). I'm tempted to get one,except I fear my travel patterns may change just after I get one. On 2 prior occasions where I picked up VIP club application at 2 different TX clubs (Ricks, Mens Club), my travel patterns/circumstances changed shortly afterwards.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    My life time membership has also worked 3 times at a competitors club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion