tuscl

Logging in.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:33 AM
I have been having a problem with this for the last 3 days. Even now it does not show me logged in and won't let me log in by the normal procedure. I have to fuck around with it and get in through the back door. Is it my computer or TUSCL? My computer is not giving me any other problems. I have tried rebooting several times.

13 comments

• emmett
    15 years ago
    I'm not sure what you mean by "the back door". You might try clearing out your browser's cookies for [view link].
  • CarolinaWanderer
    15 years ago
    Backdoor?? I thought you were not into anal.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have not noticed any problems with tuscl that I am aware of. Maybe try updating your internet browser to the latest edition?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    This is strange. My ignore list is being ignored. All of my other booked marked sites are normal. But I am having a problem with my ATT&T modem. I get the red light the shows I do not have an internet connection. Some times it corrects itself. Other times I have to pull the power and reset. I gotta call them.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I just got off the phone with ATT&T. I am pissed. I am convinced that it is a problem with their modem and I shouldn't have to pay for a new one but the only way for me to get them to send me a new one is to pay $50 for it. $50 will not kill me but this is a rip off. The tech I talked to was not knowledgeable but at least spoke English without an Indian [view link] will take 5 days for delivery. This a nuisance but I cannot ignore it.I am convinced that the modem is the problem, so I will do [view link] step would be a tech coming out to my house.A big expense unless they agree it is their equipment. Remember when we used the phones and U.S. mail?
  • imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    i continually must log in every time i visit the site. used to be i was automatically logged in...
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Try disconnecting your modem, then disconnent the moldem power supply and wait for about a minute, then reconnecting it and power it back up. I've been told to do the same so that it "resets" itself. It usually solves some of the small connectivity problems. Can't hurt to try assusming you reconnect everything the right way. Good luck.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    gk, I have already done that numerous [view link] will sometimes fix the problem temporarily but not permanent.I know that it has to be the modem.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    I've also had problems with the automatic log-in not working, which causes all the "ignore" posts to pop back up - hey, can you believe the "Barry the Great pledges..." thread is still going on? Crazy, huh?
  • KootchieKoo
    15 years ago
    Has the speed of your DSL line been upgraded recently (perhaps without your knowledge?) A while back I was using a Cayman 3220 with Bellsouth 1.5 Mbit DSL without problems. I upgraded to their 3.0 Mbit DSL when it became available. Although rated up to 8 Mbit, the Cayman was showing huge amounts of CRC errors and causing similar weirdness like what you describe. I bought a non-ISP-specific Westell 6100 and all was well.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    on the topic of internet connections...has anyone been to a SC with free wifi?
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    I wish I had a club with free wifi -----I recently was having lunch at a club - not DATY - and was attempting to get some work done and bill a few of my clients so I could go out and enjoy the clubs again and I began to think that if they had wi-fi most of the guys I know in business vould close their offices and set up remote offices in all of the clubs across the country ... if they did have the connection we then could also send out up to date listings of who is working where from our personal observations at the clubs
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    sc, Sounds a lot like a problem I had with AT&T. Turned out to be a phone wire problem in my home. Some critter had eaten insulation from the wiring and allowed corrosion to enter connections. Correct that and all was well. I checked it by plugging my "modem" directly into the AT&T box outside.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion