tuscl

How to obtain a exotic dancer permit in ATL

plove
Florida
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:42 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about getting a permit to work in any strip club in ATL. I already know permits cost $350 and you have to get one for for each club and county but I just don't know where to go to get one.

19 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    maybe try asking on [view link]...this site is mostly for strip club customers not strippers...good luck though :)
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    also you can ask the strippers or strip club management when you go to apply.
  • That's fucking stupid. An exotic dancer license lol. What's the qualifications? Addicted to one drug and no high school degree?
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    In Detroit the dancer/cabaret license is $250.00, renewable annually. First, it is a source of revenue--just another disguised tax. Second, it is designed to bar those with criminal backgrounds from becoming dancers, i.e. women with prostitution convictions. Third, it gives LE a way of monitoring or keeping track of dancers if they engage in criminal activity.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I would be curious to know how many dancers and strip clubs recognize those permits to work? Are clubs really strict on them?
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    Very definitely! In Detroit the club keeps a copy of the permit - no permit - no work. That is why most of the good dancers work in the burbs! However Romulus has now joined the parade - dancers at both the Play House and the Landing Strip are required to have permits - just anoter way the cities collect so called vice taxes
  • 10inches
    15 years ago
    in ATL, LE randomly checks permits at clubs. if they don't have one on file for dancer, the club gets fined big time. just another way for the hypocrites that run ATL to make a few $$$
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Well, I live in an Atlanta suburb. I was not aware of this law. From my limited experience,it is not being enforced. There have been 5 clubs(over 50) get busted in the last 2 months but none for license issues. It was all prostitution.
  • isotope
    15 years ago
    The law is most definately enforced. You will not be allowed to dance at any decent club in the Atlanta area without one as the clubs want their names out of the headlines and it costs them a pretty penny if they floor dancers who aren't licensed.
  • LeeH
    15 years ago
    It *is* enforced in Atlanta. My ATF was going to move to another club and had to get the license. Once she was down the $350, then the club started treating her like shit. Makes me wonder if the gov't doesn't give the club a kick-back.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I have to admit. I do not have my shit together on this issue. Just not an Atlanta strip club goer.This is confirmed by my daughter.Any waitress or clerk at the grocery store must have a license to serve or sell you booze. It is $25 a year. A state thing.Some places will buy you them. If you go to Krogers, buy a six pack, and she calls for a "21" she does not have a license. Now paying $250-350 a year to do a table dance is a total rip off. I always get ID'd at The grocery store but never at my liquor store. fuck! I am 67. I was shocked a couple of years ago in Agusta GA. I got ID'd when buying a pack of cigarettes at a gas [view link] was not a compliment. Just strict rules.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I get ID and other very old people get ID at some stripclubs. And, the stripclubs are doing right because the government is sending in fakes (young adults made up to look very old) in order to enforce the law.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I don't think I've been asked for an ID to confirm age since I was 30 or so, perhaps 30 years.
  • Topspin57
    15 years ago
    I'm not sure how to get a license, but I do know if a dancer in ATL does not have a license, she can no longer dance. My ATF was caught in this recently and I now have lost touch. Oh well, time to find another ATF!! Any ideas from you in ATL??
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Topspin, yes. Get out of Atlanta. Columbia SC??? But if you have to stay home. I have had a good time at the GoldRush. Before it got busted!!!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    ATL has 4 clubs in the top 100 on tuscl, Las Vegas has 4, and Tampa has 3. I don't know of any other city with as many top 100 clubs. It does not surprise me that ATL is trying to regulate the SCs more. They probably don't want to become a Las Vegas of the south.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    sam, ATL was wide open until a year before the Olympics. The city, county, etc did a massive clean up. Got to impress the visitors. You can still get high mileage but you have to spring for VIP. Minimum $130/1/2 hr. On the floor, things are getting bolder. Competition? You have to remember that not everybody is looking for high mileage. I am. And there are a lot of dumb asses out there. I have been to 3 of the 4 clubs you mentioned. Not going back.
  • jabthehut
    15 years ago
    I think that no matter where in GA a stripper has to have a permit. I know that in Brunswick it is required and that when there was a club in the county north of there they had to have a permit also. I think they were less than $100.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I posted above that I had not been asked for an ID in about 30 years. That was on 11/19/09. Well, on the way flying home from Texas the very next day, I was asked at an Austin airport bar for my ID. They had a sign posted that they ID'ed everyone, and that they did!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion