tuscl

Movie Review: Hot Tub Time Machine

In this throwback to the great T &amp; A movies of the 1980's, three middle aged friends commiserate about how shitty their lives are. Trying to lift their spirits, they decide to take a trip, with a younger hanger on, to a ski resort where they had a great adventure in 1986. Once there, they accidentally travel in time, to 1986 where they try to decide to just relive their history, or tamper with time. <br />
<br />
The highlight of this movie is the nude scenes. Forty minutes in, a stunning Jessica Pare has a great nude/sex scene. About 15 minutes later, another actress has a brief topless scene. <br />
<br />
The main characters whine too much for me. There are some chuckles in this movie, but there are opportunities for skin, which unfortunately are passed up. <br />
<br />
The movie is out in theaters today. It's not worth full price, but it is worth afternoon prices, or a rental fee.

2 comments

• steve229
    15 years ago
    Dudester,<br />
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I may have to check this one out, I have fond (if somewhat sketchy) memories of the 80's.&nbsp; How was the soundtrack?<br />
    <br type="_moz" />
  • winorhino
    15 years ago
    The sound track consisted of a lot of the 80's hair bands of the day, and I liked it. The movie is okay, with some laugh out loud moments. Rod Corddry gets a lot of time on the screen and he's pretty good.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion