tuscl

LSU vs FL

Who else here is giving up their saturday night SC visits to watch this game? Or better yet who went to a SC to watch the game. This is probably going to be the most important college football game this season (except for the bowl games)

I would have gone to a SC to watch this but none of the SC around here take watching sports serious except for local sport games. Too much loud music and too crowded on saturday nights for me to enjoy watching at the SC.

31 comments

• how
    15 years ago
    The SEC rules football. No question.

The SEC also has the greatest basketball program of all time: Kentucky.
  • yndy
    15 years ago

watching it now. i've lived most of my life in ohio, but i did live in florida in the 80s. root for UF xcept when they play buckeyes. lot of good that's done!

don't know how long i'll watch. thought i'd go out and celebrate brett favre's 40th bday for him!
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I just recently had a SEC discussion with a SEC homer. I told him that some years ago I read that outside the conference against good teams, the SEC team lost more than they won. Sort of like they beat on each other, but are not up to the level of non-SEC good teams. Of course they win some and some big ones. Just like any sport, any team can win any game.

Anyway, he did not believe this, so I went and looked up last season's results for the SEC teams. The above still true. They lost more than they won in games against good teams. These are not the typical teams that they paly outside the SEC. Like uf playing Charleston Southern and Troy this season.

Don't believe it, look it up. Doesn't take that long.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Woohooooo! U Fla on the way to National Champs!! No I could never watch this important of a game at a strip club. Great win tonight.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Clubber, just look up who has won the most championships. Not close. (And those are "big games.")
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I am entertained by the rivalry you guys share over your alma maters.I attended 3 but never got a degree. I am not much into sports.But it has always been a family tradition to watch the Rose Bowl after the parade.I have been to several Super Bowl parties but was more interested in the food, booze and friendships. Party on...
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I ended up finding a bar which was broadcasting the USA vs. Honduras World Cup qualifier (The USA beat Honduras 3-2 and is in the 2010 World Cup) AND I found the time to find a boobie bar for myself to partake in. It's not that I'm against college football, but I was a soccer player when I was younger and I support the USA soccer team, even if none of you do. By the way, at this bar I went to, it was the most intense sports bar environment I ever went to, and its not even a sports bar. UUUU SSSS .... USA!!!! As for the boobie bar, it doesn't matter how good the boobies are as long as you see the boobies in the flesh.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Going out to watch the Texas-Colorado game was my cover story last night. My fave noticed me watching the end of the game so I would know what the final score was. She reminded me I could use my iPhone to log into ESPN.com and get game highlights. Smart cookie.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    The SEC would not look as good if they played more against the PAC 10.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    The PAC 10 wouldn't be a huge obstacle for FL.
  • how
    15 years ago
    SEC >>>>>> Pac 10
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    I love Super Bowl parties. Many girlfriends get ignored, so they drink too much and lose their inhibitions. I am always friendly and attentive. I make sure their glass of wine is refilled and that they get to eat something more sophisticated than chips and dip by whipping up something in the kitchen of whoever is hosting the party. I have a scorecard of about a 1 to 3 ratio of getting a solid blowjob in one of the empty rooms from a girl that came with someone else. I LOVE football.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    how,

My research included championship games, as they would be by their very nature against good teams.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    The stats just don't support the premise that the SEC rules football. And the basketball team with the most NCAA championships (11) is UCLA from the PAC 10.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    ttf,

Now there you go, using those dastardly conservative tricks. Facts and true statistics.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Here are some facts and stats, RE: hoops:

Most wins: UK
    Best winning percentage: UK
    Most major conference championships: UK
    Most major conference tournament championships: UK
    Most trips to NCAA tourney: UK
    etc.
    All records for entire history of the sport.

ESPN commissioned a study to rank the best basketball programs of all time. #1 = UK; not close.

UCLA did have the ultimate dynasty for about a dozen years. But that does not trump the rest of the century+ history of the sport.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "This is probably going to be the most important college football game this season (except for the bowl games)"

I doubt it. BTW, LSU lost...ho-hum...

"The SEC rules football. No question."

I personally think that my alma mater PSU has had a lot rougher time of it since joining the Big 10. I do miss the days gone by when being an independent allowed PSU to pick & choose which "hot" teams to add to their schedule, but I'd stack up a Big 10 schedule against just about any other conference...Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and sometimes Iowa & Northwestern are all pretty solid teams from year to year IMHO.

The SEC...Alabama, FL, GA, & TN can field decent teams as well. I remember losing a heart-breaker to the Tide at PSU one time...ugh...

The Big 12...OU & TX are great teams usually (although I think that OU is over-rated most of the time), but basically nobody else in that conference has a chance of winning much of anything IMO.

The ACC...FL State, GA Tech, & Miami have had some decent teams, but PSU used to completely own MD & VA every time we played them. BC has been out of it for a loooong time as well.

The Pac 10...UC Berkley & USC are worthy teams usually...otherwise that conference is a complete & utter joke IMO.

The Big East...Notre Dame used to be decent. PSU used to destroy Pitt every year at Thanksgiving...lol...I can't repeat the chant that we used to yell in the parking lot beforehand. Cincinnati, Syracuse, and Rutgers are more joke teams.

The MWC & WAC...both complete & total joke conferences IMO.

The thing that really bugs me about the NCAA ranking system is that they don't fully take into account the difficulty of a team's schedule, whether they win a lot of games or not. Winning against a bunch of scrub teams means nothing IMO. Case in point...Boise State is playing a bunch of nobodies this year...just like last year & the year before...ugh...

"Clubber, just look up who has won the most championships. Not close. (And those are 'big games.')"

Without a true playoff system in the NCAA, these kind of stats really mean nothing. Heck, *Princeton & Yale* have won the most championships, and Independents (including Notre Dame, Miami, Army, Pitt, PSU, and Syracuse) have won more championships than the SEC.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    All I care about is FL ending up #1.
  • rmasecret
    15 years ago
    Shouldn't be an issue this year gatorfan. They easily beat the #4, and they completely scaled back on the playcalling. They'll have a tough matchup against 'bama and provided they don't have a letdown in the title game, they'll cruise.

Of couse, as a Buckeye fan, I'm rooting for the letdown. Still bitter. ;)
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    rmasecret,

As I recall the Buckeyes got quite a gift a few years ago in a championship game. No need to be bitter, but I agree, I'd enjoy THAT gator "flop"!
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    How, since you want to disdcuss statistics, the UK statistics are inflated as a result of the league they are in. Historically the SEC has not been the powerhouse league in basketball.

The PAC 10 and UCLA have much better stats and traditionally play tougher schedules.

Although UK does well in its league, UCLA has been to the Final Four 18 times versus 13 for UK and they have won it 4 more times. Duke and NC have also gone to the Final Four more often than UK.

Back to the PAC 10 vs SEC, UCLA, Stanford and USC have the most NCAA championships for all sports. In 2008-9, the PAC 10 had 11 championships and the SEC only 4.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Also, UCLA has only 1 less tournament win than UK, even though the PAC 10 for about 20 years did not have a conference tourney, including their decade of dynasty. Had there been a conference tourney, their stats would have easily exceeded UK's.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    No flop this year.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    gf,

Do you have any idea of the gator "flop" I mentioned?
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    They all flop sometime.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    ttf,

You are correct, but I've not typed flop, only "flop".
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Now the next big upcoming game is the Oklahoma vs. Texas. I think I will again stay home on saturday to watch the game instead of SC visit.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Texas should crush OK this season...but anything could happen.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    If OK's QB is at full strength for tomorrow he might be able to cause an upset.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I know a Razorback who is hoping for a Fl flop Saturday.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    the razorbacks might be able to cover the 24 point spread...but my money is still on the gators winning the moneyline.

I just found out that the Texas/Oklahoma game is on at noon (must be a time zone thing?). Also the fact that the Ohio State football game is an away game so the traffic in Columbus will be lighter than an usual football saturday. I might have time tonight to go out SCing. Too bad tuscl_bro's jackjoint is closed on weekends because that was the club I have been wanting to go to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion