tuscl

Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. Reports Nightclub Sales Gain 20% to $6.5 Mill

HOUSTON - (Business Wire) Rick's Cabaret International, Inc., (NASDAQ: RICK), the nation's premier operator of upscale gentlemen's clubs, said today revenues at its adult nightclubs in July were $6.5 million, a 20 percent increase over the July 2008 revenues of $5.4 million. Same club sales for locations open more than a year increased 5.26 percent over the previous July.
“The revenue report for July indicates that our key clubs are doing very well in this difficult economic period,” said Eric Langan, president and CEO of Rick's Cabaret. “We had positive growth in key markets such as New York, Miami, Minneapolis and San Antonio. While we still face challenges in several markets we are addressing them aggressively. “

Rick's Cabaret/New York City and Tootsie's Cabaret had very strong July revenues, with increases of more than seven percent each over the previous July. Sales at the new Club Onyx in Philadelphia were 65 percent above the previous July, when the location was operated as a Rick's Cabaret.

10 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    About Rick’s Cabaret: Rick’s Cabaret International, Inc. (NASDAQ: RICK) is home to upscale adult nightclubs serving primarily businessmen and professionals that offer live entertainment, dining and bar operations. Nightclubs in New York City, Miami, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis and other cities operate under the names "Rick's Cabaret," "XTC," “Club Onyx” and “Tootsie’s Cabaret”. Sexual contact is not permitted at these locations. Rick’s Cabaret also operates a media division, ED Publications, and owns the adult Internet membership Website couplestouch.com as well as a network of online adult auction sites under the flagship URL naughtybids.com. Rick’s Cabaret common stock is traded on NASDAQ under the symbol RICK. For further information contact [email protected].

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/…
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    "Sexual contact is not permitted at these locations." Huh? Some required legal disclaimer or does that accurately reflect these clubs?
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Have never been to Rick's Cabaret. Is that statement "sexual contact is not permitted" -- is that a for-real fact or is that just for public consumption?

People who have been there would know. So please share your knowledge.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    BTW steve229 posted his note while I was composing mine. Great minds run in the same channels I guess.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have read high mileage reviews at their Miami tootsie's location but I don't know much about the others.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I have been to the Ricks by the IAH airport in Houston. Extras were not on the menu and were not pushed. However, I have only been twice, and really have no desire to go back. It is too close to the St James which does have sexual contact.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Those are suprising results. Who are their accountants?
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    The rewards of many more desperate women willing to pay outrageous fines and stage fees.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Those results are surprising. I wonder if some bankers are blowing their government bonuses there? That way at least I could take some comfort that our taxpayer funds are going to support single moms. (strippers)
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    I enjoyed Ricks South off IH 45 in Houston for a number of years. Then it was sold to various new owners and it went downhill from there. I have been to the IAH location, but it pales in comparison to St James which is not far away.

A friend of mine who was VIP at Ricks South hooked with many gals there and had them over to his house for sex and fun. One gal drained $30 k from him in one year. One thing that pissed me off about the club was the drug dealers coming in there. Management needs to keep those lowlifes out of SC.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion