tuscl

Clubs in Washington DC area

skeets35
Tacoma, WA
Saturday, June 6, 2009 12:46 AM
I hear some bad stories about clubs in DC. I will be there on business and am looking for a good lap dance club, how far will I have to drive?

8 comments

• SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Baltimore, from what I hear.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    DC - clubs are nude, but absolutely no lap dances. The Paper Moon chain has a club in Springfield, VA, about 20 minutes from Reagan National Airport. Laps can be had there, but are pricey. Agree that best bet is Baltimore, so you're looking at about an hour drive. Check out the Baltimore area reviews, and in the articles section of this site, check out "Baltimore's World Famous "Block" - A User's Guide."
  • hogsun
    15 years ago
    The block is sleezy, very expensive and full of skanky women. If you must go somewhere, I suggest West Virginia. DC/Balt. area sucks
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    skeets35 - assuming sleezy and skanky are not to your taste (hey, to each his own), or you just want to avoid the downtown area, Players Club and Gentlemen's Gold Club are other Baltimore area options. I have a GGC review posted if you are interested.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    It's amazing that people can go to one place in an entire region and declare all the clubs bad. Yes, The Block is a little on the sleazy side, that's why it's The Block. I scanned the your reviews, skeets35, and other than the Hustler Club you probably wouldn't like anything there. You seem picky, not a bad thing in itself, but The Block doesn't really cater to picky. Had to take a call before posting this, so I'm seeing steve229 already covered some of the stuff below but I'll put it out there anyway... Other clubs around DC you might like overall: Gentlemen's Gold Club, Scores, and I'd agree on Paper Moon in VA if you don't mind overpaying for everything and tripping over people constantly at night. But the first two options aren't the easy way out, either. You can get some serious dances at either place, but not on the floor. The VIP rooms start off north of $200 and you need to pick a girl who's on the level. For good old-fashioned laps: Players Club on Rt. 40 is about two blocks from Gold Club and gets you a nice interactive topless dance with 7-9's depending on the night for $20-30 a pop (if you know you want multiples just work something out). 10's are harder to come by there these days but they still have some stunners every once in a while. If you don't want to drive as far, Showcase Theater also has good lappers for $20-ish. However, the place has not aged well and the dancers (while game and attractive) could use some refreshing. Back up to Baltimore, the new Ritz and Goddess sometimes fit the bill for an ok club with quality lappers...would put them farther down the list. Places to avoid: Fuego and Irving's. Unless you can mix with the locals, you're more likely to get your ass kicked than to get a good bargain. Same with the Camp Springs area clubs. In DC, I hear Camelot is the place to be for what it's worth. Wouldn't catch me there, though. I'd rather throw money in the air at the mall and watch people scramble than burn it in DC clubs on nothing. Have fun.
  • hogsun
    15 years ago
    I've been to McDoogals, Players Club, Choo-choos, and Showcase Theater. In my opinion, none are worth a visit.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    I defer to wallanon, based on the sheer volume of his reviews (#2 reviewer on this site based on the last newsletter). That guy sure gets around.
  • skeets35
    15 years ago
    Some really good ideas. Wallanon, you are right (and you are the man!), I am picky to an extent, but paying $40 a pop for a lap always seems too much and not much of a VIP room guy. Love a basic club with solid laps and nice atmosphere. Air dance clubs I stay away from. Anyone else have input, so far I am getting some great ideas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion