tuscl

Sports Strip Clubs

GooberMan
Florida
Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:58 PM
I have been in strip clubs that show sports on wall televisions. I am a sports ignoramus and cannot find my answer anywhere else, so I will attempt to correct my ignorance here. When someone says a team has a seasonal performance of, say, 8-1-1 or whatever, what does that mean? I am guessing it means 8 wins, 1 loss, and 1 tie, but -- help! It's a little embarrassing not to be able to talk sensibly about these things.

11 comments

• chi_sam
    15 years ago
    It means, collectively the team has had eight felony arrests resulting in one conviction and one acquittal. The remaining cases have been postponed until after the season. Misdemeanors and probation violations are not counted in the seasonal statistics.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    rofl ... Seriously, it means (generally) the wins-losses-ties record for this season, for a given hockey or football team. For baseball, it is that team's runs-hits-errors result for one game; usually two teams' numbers will appear. There are no ties in baseball (and very few in American football) and, instead of posting season-long win records, they generally post the level of performance relative to the leader, by posting the number of games less than the leader that a certain team has won. Next post I'll explain the Duckworth-Lewis method for cricket ...
  • CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    I see you're a Cincinnati Bengals fan chi_sam...... :)
  • chasman
    15 years ago
    Quicksandman, Almost all of the clubs in the Vancouver area play sports on the TVs all the time, and many drop a big projection screen at the back of the stage between dancers' sets. Hockey is big when it's in season: the typical wait between sets is three songs, but the clubs will actually extend that during the playoffs. Since I also don't really give a crap about most team sports, I know where you're coming from. I usually take a book with me to read between sets. (Since most clubs are dimly lit, I use a white bookmark to read by reflected black light.) It's amazing how much attention that can get from the roaming dancers/massage girls/waitresses: no sports knowledge or conversation required.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    8-1-1, in most sports, means 8 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie. I have seen it, though, where in most of the world's soccer leagues, 8-1-1 would mean 8 wins, 1 draw (tie), and 1 loss. But no one except me has ever really cared about soccer here.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    chaseman are you referring to Vancouver BC or WA? No matter. They both suck. I have a good friend (Trogangreg) that has been in YVR on business for the last 9 months. He hates it. He was so grateful to have been able to go to L.A for a week end. My favorite club has many TV's with sports on. Even two over the urinals in the mens room. I have the Direct TV's total package. If I wanted to watch sports, I would just stay home.
  • chasman
    15 years ago
    'cat, It's BC. The Vancouver (BC) SC scene is great if you want to go to a bar, see some attractive women take their clothes off on stage, and do nothing with them. There are a couple of slight exceptions around if you want to drop a lot of money, but it doesn't begin to compare to a lot of other places in the world. OTOH, it's all I knew for the first five years I was going to clubs so I consider it normal (it's actually worse now than it was 15 - 20 years ago).
  • Skyrbuoy
    15 years ago
    Years ago, a club called Diamonds in West Palm Beach had a big projection screen TV behind the runway. Saturday afternoons were perfect. Cold beer, a naked girl walking toward you, between her legs you could see her best parts and the college football game at the same time, if you could stay focused. It was heaven.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    Your 8-1-1 question seems to have been answered in full. The clubs I go to all have plasma, LCD and huge projection screens all over the place including in the rest rooms. I tend not to go to the clubs when ever there is a sporting event I want to watch. To many distractions to pay attention to a game. My question is why do you care about sports when you are in a strip club?
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I was in the Alley Cat in Miami years ago when there came on their TV an "ultimate" fight. I'm not talking about the watered down version of today, but rather the ones that were shut down. EVERYONE, including the dancers started watching some poor "MG" getting the shit beat out of him! Blood everywhere and it just kept going. After the first fight, the manager turned it off and got the club going again. Another time there was a Oscar De La Hoya fight on and everyone watched it. I started shooting pool with a dancer and that was the hardest pool game I ever shot. She'd stand at my pocket and set her tits or pussy on it. Very difficult to concentrate on a shot when her fingers kept disappearing.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    I enjoy lots of TVs in the clubs, especially during college football season. Gives me something to watch when a fugly is on stage, or when I'm trying to ignore a fugly that is bugging me for lappers. Also, since I usually go to a bar to watch games anyways, why not go to a SC club where I can watch the same game and drink the same beer, but there are naked women dancing around me too!? I will watch football, hockey, boxing, basketball, lacrosse and/or soccer (especially EPL soccer) while in a club. I hate baseball, too boring... so during the summer, I just watch the dancers!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion