tuscl

SC's gone the way of sporting events?

DickJohnson
Illinois
i went to a couple local pro sporting events here in chicago lately and sucked down a more than a few 6-7 dollar beers. I'm used to it there. The SC i drop by here occassionally is now charging 5.50 a beer. I bought a dancer a shot of some sort of apple vodka or wtf she ordered, bargain price of 9 dollars. she asked for another one i told her after my apple blow job. the owners are actually driving dollars away. I operate on a per unit cost and would gladly drop 75bucks on alcohol if its worth it, but would only drop a 20 if im getting ripped off.

9 comments

• CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    Well, this is how the club makes their money! The cover charge and the drinks. I don't know about you, but when I'm there to see the pretty little things, I'm not usually drinking all that much. So, if this is the trend, they need to keep the per drink $$ high to keep a revenue stream coming in. Someone has to pay for those lights and to keep the sound system running. In short, you're paying for more than just the drink, you're paying for the entertainment too. At the ballpark, they're just ripping your nuts off.

An interesting sub-topic here: Does anyone have any ideas about how much the girls have to kick back to the club? I would assume it varies, but is it a flat rate per shift or maybe a slice of the dances?

• Book Guy
    15 years ago
    I kind of think most strip clubs don't make their money by being strip clubs. It seems to me, the mob, or some other form of "fronting" agency, is always involved in some manner. The girls prostitute, the guys sell dope, the alcohol sales are a great cash vehicle for laundering the money. Is there really any strip club in the country that knows what its book balance would actually be, and therefore knows that it must rely on (or knows that it utterly does not rely on) alcohol sales?
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Every strip club I've been to which serves beer seems to charge more for a beer than any regular bar I've been to. The fact is they know you are there to see the girls and that beer is incidental, otherwise you would go to a regular bar, which is why beer costs so much there. I'd have to say they make at least 70% of their money from beer and cover charges and it may really be higher.
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    Laundrying money through vending machines is easier than dealing with the BS of a strip club. You watch to many movies man.
  • dallas702
    15 years ago
    CC, the girls usually pay a nominal fee (something like $15 to $30) to dance, plus $5 to $10 of their lap dance $ (though that varies a lot around the country, some clubs instead collect head $ from the customer for using the VIP, others take a percentage). The girls are also often expected to "tip" the VIP door stooge and in almost all clubs "tip-out" the DJ (usually a flat $ amount like $10 to $20 sometimes much more). I've heard some girls complain that they collected $800 but only get to walk out with $600. One girl in a Dallas club mentioned to me (not while asking for a lapper) the she had a bad day pulling in under $100 so it was going to cost her to work that day! Most clubs make a lot of money when the girls are givings lots of lappers and at least very good $ even when things are slow.

I do disagree with Book Guy about "MOST" clubs making $ with prostitution and drugs. Sure that goes on, but I think the clubs seldom get a piece of it. And "Mob" connections do exist in the business, but again, few clubs are mob connected. Many SC owners are small timers trying to make it work without an abundance of financial backing and many of these guys will let the girls streatch the line between legal and "more". They will sometimes try a non SC, or off the books, money making plan. Seldom would they risk their club on a drug deal.

And on the title discussion: hell yes, drinks cost cost more at a SC. Man the owners want your money. They know the guys who will drop a bundle in their club are NOT there because the beer is cheaper than it is at TGIFridays.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    One other thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is the fact that a large portion of customers do not get lap dances from the girls, so to make money off of those customers, they have to have high beer prices. I remember at my old favorite club, they were often crowded, but the lap dance room rarely was. And it's not like it was overly expensive either.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Idea...

Free beer all the while you are getting dances or in the VIP.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    One way to save money on drinks is to have the dancer sit on your face. It's difficult to drink in that position. lol.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Or in South Carolina go to a nude club where it's usually bring your own beer. They usually make up for it though by charging a lot higher cover charge so you can't win.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion