tuscl

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:03 PM
Gentlemen, I read in this week's sports illustrated that Ken Griffey's dad and his best friend both have colorectal cancer. I would take bets that neither ever had a colonoscopy. This form of cancer is easily preventable. I am in my 50s and have had 2 colonoscopies. No pain, no discomfort. The only thing the medical community needs to figure out is how you can purge your system before hand without use of industrial strength laxative. In each of my exams, polyps were found that were easily removed. I got several small health problems now (nothing of any real concern), but I don't have to worry about this form of cancer, which is particularly an issue for older guys. If you are over 50 or have a history of colorectal cancer in your family, PLEASE TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR, and see if this procedure makes sense for you. It's so easy to do, and can prevent such huge problems down the line... and now we return to our regularly scheduled clubbing, already in progress.

3 comments

• elvis2
    15 years ago
    Ten years ago,at age 47, I had colorectal cancer,found after a colonoscopy. That probably saved my [view link] took a major surgery, and 6 months of chemo to cure me.I now have the test done on a regular basis, and you are correct. Other than the laxative the night before, nothing to it. Fellas, get it done. The dancers want us big spenders around for a long time.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    OK, I had my first less than a year ago. I'm 67. The prep kit did not clean me out and I had to have 2 enemies at the hospital before the procedure. That is the worst part of it. I woke up hungry and felt good enough to drive my self (my daughter was with me). They removed a few polyps and said to get another one in 6 years. Bad news for the strippers. I am still healthy enough for SEX.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Colonoscopies are a piece of cake, and they do have other options besides "industrial strength laxative"...just ask, it just requires a LOT more liquid intake beforehand though. Just don't plan on being anywhere beyond 20 feet from the bathroom the day before the procedure...lol... Only a true idiot would wait until 67 to have their first colonoscopy...sheesh...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion