tuscl

Inspirential Strip Clubbing

As a poet I consider myself OK -not great. Every time I try writing a great poem, it ends up rhyming with meters, clichés and all that shit. Which, by rule, automatically reduces it to the ranks of mediocre.
The reason I'm telling you this, I find strip clubs and dancers are very inspirential. -I once encountered a dancer named Ivy. She brought notions of how I would love to be a rusty iron fence gate with ivy clinging all over me. So I jotted down a few lines of poetry to that effect, made a cigar ring from a five dollar bill, rolled the poem inside the ring and gave it to her on the rail for a tip. Five minutes after she'd gathered her things and left the stage; here she came, running and hollering, out of the dressing room, still buck naked, threw her arms around me pulling me tight and gave me the biggest kiss I had ever had, smack, in front of a live audience.
The purpose of this blog is to exchange ideas of things we've done or can do to liven up our strip clubbing experiences.
For the intellectuals of the group, I know ‘inspirential' is not a word. I could not think of one to mean what I wanted to say... so I made one up...is that OK?

3 comments

• how
    16 years ago
    That's a sweet story about Ivy. Her display of genuine appreciation must have made your day!

I once did something very simple to express appreciation for a dancer I had known for awhile: I copied a page out of a dictionary featuring an adjective I thought described her, highlighted it and gave it to her. Her reaction was far greater than the simple gesture merited...
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    As a writer, I sometimes find the confines of a club to be relaxing enough to jog my imagination, however, my muse-a European model, has quit the biz to concentrate on college (she wants to be a nuclear physcist, she modeled to make enough to go to a good school).
  • how
    16 years ago
    Dudester, your muse is a model who is studying to be a nuclear physicist? Is her favorite movie that James Bond film featuring Denise Richards as "Dr. Christmas Jones," the nuclear physicist? I thought that was only a ridiculous fantasy...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion