tuscl

Houston Strip Joint Goes Up In Flames

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 | 6:27 AM HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Firefighters are working to put out a fire in southwest Houston.

The fire broke out at the Legends Adult nightclub on Richmond and Unity in Southwest Houston. The fire started on the back corner of the building and spread into the attic. Fire officials say part of the floor is still on fire right now.

The cause of the fire is not known. No reports of any injuries.

Note: HFD Names Arson Convict 'Person of Interest' in Apartment Fires

Last Edited: Tuesday, 13 Jan 2009, 3:19 PM CST
Created: Tuesday, 13 Jan 2009, 3:11 PM CST

HOUSTON -- Investigators said they have identified an arson convict as a "person of interest" in the string of southwest Houston apartment fires.

John Morin was arrested on an unrelated charge, but he also is a person of interest in the string of arson fires that have plagued apartments in southwest Houston since May, Houston Fire Department officials said. However, investigators still looking at the case and are not ready to name Morin as a suspect.

Morin served four years in prison after he pleaded guilty to an arson charge in March 1992, according to Harris County records. In February 2007, he was arrested on a theft charge.

Since May, firefighters have tended to at least 25 suspicious fires at several southwest Houston apartments. All the fires happened on the same days of the week and around the same time.

3 comments

• deogol
    16 years ago
    Lots of fires and "re-modeling" going on LOL
  • wallanon
    16 years ago
    That was actually a pretty cool club, and would have been on my list for a return trip to Houston. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Yeah I know the neighborhood and probably have been to the club, though I don't TEND to frequent the nude clubs in Houston, since (in my experience) viewing of nudity, and much greater levels of service, are available at both the nude clubs (no alcohol) and at the non-nude clubs (full bar). The only distinction, as far as I could tell, was that the girl could remove her G-string while she was on stage, at a nude club, and the managers hired uglier and more desperate women at a nude club. And there was no drinking at a nude club.

Otherwise, you could still get yer willy greased at either nude or non-nude. The trade-off wasn't worth it. So, I probably didn't ever go to this club. Or maybe I did, and I loved it, but frankly I can't recall, I've been to so many ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion