tuscl

RIP, Bettie Page

DandyDan
North Iowa
Friday, December 12, 2008 12:00 PM
Bettie Page, the pinup model from the 1950's, has passed away from a heart attack at age 85. She was the inspiration for many songs and artwork, and perhaps the inspiration for many a career in stripping. It appears after her glory days as a model, she had an interesting life. The link to the story: [view link]

6 comments

• Cougar289
    16 years ago
    My favorite girl has a Bettie Page look (not the bangs) and sees Bettie Page as one of her idols. I bought her a Bettie Page poster (Bettie Page Queen of Hearts) and had Bettie Page's name removed and inserted Ms. Holly instead. She loved it and its hanging in her room. A toast to Bettie - Thanks for the memories.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    A very sad day indeed.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I saw her young picture in the paper. I can only hope to live to 85 if my quality of life is good. The males on my father's side have all passed away in their 60's for at least 3 generations. I guess I have to have fun while I'm still living.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    The funny thing is, that the obit which I read, she was quoted as saying she had no idea why she was the only model who had retained so much fame long after she stopped posing and moved on in her life. It is a bit of an oddity. I'd almost say it's an internet phenomenon, the fact that she regained her name-recognition whereas other pin-up girls faded into anonymity. I mean, Bettie Page was hot, but plenty of the others were hot too. What gives?
  • bornloser
    16 years ago
    My brother went to the same high school as she did-Hume Fogg in Nashville. She posed for Playboy back in the day and was smoking hot for any era. I just cant picture her as an old woman.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    To answer Book Guy's question, I'd say it's probably because she was the hottest (it's the bangs), the fact she was the first real bondage model, her modeling career lasted much longer than her Playboy appearance, and she suddenly disappeared.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion