tuscl

Customers that just sit with dancers

reignfire
South Carolina
Monday, December 1, 2008 5:27 AM
I'm not talking about customers who come in and sit and talk to dancers to get to know them before getting dances. I'm talking about customers who come to a club and have dancers talk to them. One of my favorites were supposed to spend some quality time in the couch room early in the day when the couch room hardly had anyone in it. I was ready for her when she got held up by one of her regulars, the kind that likes to sit at a table and talk...a lot. She did a table dance for him and sat with him for almost two hours. By the time she came to me, the couch room was packed. Do guys compensate dancers for doing that when they could have been with other customers (I don't know how much he paid her)? I like to talk and I like getting to know dancers but I either want dances or I don't. If I want dances, I'll either ask or I'll accept an offer from them. If I don't want a dance, I tell them up front and it's the dancer's choice whether or not to stay talking to me or go up to other customers. I don't get the big deal of just talking to dancers.

19 comments

• SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Maybe she's trying to work on some kind of OTC deal. He might have paid for her time; some dancers charge for sitting and talking. She could be lazy. I always tell dancers after the LD and a brief chat that I expect them to move on to other customers and my time is up. That way, there's none of this lieing "I'll be back in a minute" stuff. An ATF who will keep you waiting deserves to be replaced.
  • evilcyn
    16 years ago
    There are some that all they want is company... Some pay for it, some buy lots of drinks ( we have a drink quota where I am)...Its all in what a customer wants.. For some a dance is to much stimulation for them, so they just want company, and maybe a touch or a hug here and there... I( would rather dance, to sit and talk alot sometimes ya just don't know what else to say to them..
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    At one time I could sit and talk with dancers for hours (a good reason for clubs too keep the music loud). I paid very little because I had very little. Now, when a real customer came in then I'd insist that they try and make a sale to earn some real money. Some had to be pushed away because they were afraid of hurting my feelings. I told 'em you're at work and I don't pay enough for you to be wasting your valuable time. Some appreciated my pushing them to go get the money and others weren't too concerned about money. I sure as hell felt guilty about a dancer wasting her time with me *IF* a paying customer was around or arrived. I have friends that I love to talk with, but not at work if it is costing me money. A dancer should expect a cheap customer or poor paying customer to learn that real customers come first and foremost.
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    I don't mind sitting and chatting sometimes, but I don't pay for "time", I pay for dances; like jablake, I have at times recommended that a dancer "go to work", but sometimes they just want to sit and talk. Dancing *is* kind of a slacker job ;) O.
  • how
    16 years ago
    I don't pay for time talking, nor am I interested in buying overpriced drinks. So if a dancer chooses to sit and talk awhile, it's entirely up to her. I make no indications that there's something in it for her other than stimulating conversation with the possibility of paid activity if we both agree on that. Of course, if she chooses not to sit and talk under those circumstances, I take no personal offense. She's working, and I don't want to hold her back or interfere with that.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I don't mind talking, but usually, I either get impatient and ask for a dance, or I get bored, they ask and I refuse a dance, and that's the end of it.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Well, since I don't like dancers to sit with me unless I request it, this is usually a non-issue with me. If I request it, I feel obliged to compensate them in kind, usually buying them a drink. If a club has those over priced "dancer drinks", I won't. Since I drink beer, many times when I buy a drink for a dancer, I'll ask what she got after it is delivered to her. She tells me and I ask if I might try it. I usually just smell to make sure it isn't colored water, but sometimes I do taste it. Only once has a dancer refused and that was the only drink she got. When she went to the little girls room, I checked it and I am sure is nothing more than colored water. Last drink I bought in that club!
  • Golfer3166
    16 years ago
    Some clubs have dancer drinks that you have to buy to allow them to continue to sit with them. What always bugs me is when the limited dancers at a small club flock to their regulars as soon as they get off the stage, even if you have told them you are interested in a dance. I realize that those guys are there pretty much daily but I doubt they would mind if the dancer takes a 30 minute break. The worse club I saw for this was in Kansas, I think it was some bird name (the club). There were some great looking dancers, but only 4 or 5 and I had one sit with me during my 2 hours there even after tipping them on the stage.
  • gk
    16 years ago
    One of three things are probably going on. 1) He's compensating her for her time in one way or another. This is business for the girls and the smart ones don't waste time. 2) She's not a smart one. 3) Or, the guy is a regular who's a "friend" of the dance crew by means of past spending on drinks, dances, spreading drinks around, dances around, or otherwise making the occasional (and now more frequent) dull day more interesting. This customer can get away with occasional face time conversation w/o money or dances/drinks because he evens up on things in the long run--because he's a regular. After all, there's nothing wrong with being friendly with people who you come in contact with (I thinks that's a pun)on a regular basis.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I like talking with my favorites. I don't pay them for conversation. I do buy them drinks at the same price I pay. This usually results in more intense lap dances. My current #one favorite will spend the whole day with me (6 hours). Talking for 30 minutes and then doing 4 lap dances. If another of her regs comes in and she ask's if it is ok to go spend some time with him. Hell yes. And while she is doing that it gives me time to spend some time with my other favorites. She always comes back to me. And she is all over me like stink on shit. Ask snowtime. It is a great feeling to know a dozen dancers that are not jealous and are willing to share me.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Whaling ...
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    Golfer3166- That would be the Flamingo Club in Lawrence, more than likely, except I never had that much of a problem there. Maybe I've just been lucky. I know what you mean about buying dancer drinks. The very worst I've ever seen in that regard is the Emerald in St. Joe, MO. A dancer sits down, and it isn't five seconds before the waitress comes over and asks if I'd like to buy the lady a drink, which is usually Aquafina. That place would be a nice place except for that silly quirk.
  • pop
    16 years ago
    I never got the sit and talk thing and I do my best to stay away from the places with the inflated dancer drink prices. At the plus buying drinks for the girls is fun. And since they're $3 during happy hour it's hard to beat.
  • desotophil
    16 years ago
    I do sit with my favorites and talk, but we've known each other a while. If we don't do dances tho, I will give them some money. How much I give depends on how busy the club is. I have one girl who will spend a whole shift with me if I will stay. She is used to me and it takes the pressure off working the shift. Actually, it is hard to get her to go to work sometimes, which cramps my style a bit. Typically tho, I'll do several dances with the girls and have had no complaints. When I go to a new club, there are usually enough girls to compensate for those who sit with regulars. If not, I just leave.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Tonight at The Coliseum in Detroit I saw the main bar covered with a cluster of 10 dancers talking to regulars. I had a wad of cash, but no one came over to me. They just clung to the bar as if they were at a private party or the cool kids' table. So I got a lame bump, bump dance from a very friendly and untalented dancer. I was wearing a navy blue Brooks Brothers hooded sweatshirt. I was told by the door bouncer that hooded sweatshirts are not allowed. The coat check girl wanted me to check it. I showed her that I had nothing on underneath and asked her if I checked and was topless could I go on stage.
  • JMelbourne27
    16 years ago
    It could be that the girl has unfulfilled emotional needs and sitting with him fills them as well as fills her monetary needs because he is paying her to sit with him. Plus, if you could get paid to sit on your @$$ or dance and strip, which would you do?
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I once had a dancer say she wanted to sit and talk with me for all the remaining hours that the club was open. She told me she had to get a table dance once an hour and I didn't mind getting dances from her. I got a total of 3 table dances after 3 hours. She was paying for her own drinks. Another time I was there someone asked if I was her boyfriend. In hindsite, I believe she wanted to go on a date with me and get to know me better. Not for money but an actual relationship like boyfriend girlfriend. Many of the dancers had other occupations at the club and were only moonlighting as dancers. At the time my mind was mainly focused on having fun and the thought didn't enter my mind too much that another dancer might want to go out so I never asked. On the other hand maybe this was a long time ago after I promised myself I wouldn't go out with any more dancers. I was sticking to my promise. Another dancer later made me break that promise to myself. I had fun though. I now have another dancer who likes to sit and talk with me. Usually the club is within an hour of closing and about dead though so she isn't losing out on money or not much. Again I have no desire to go out with her since she told me she was married. I didn't ask either. I think she just likes talking to me just like many dancers have told me.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    The dancers that like to sit and talk with me sometimes haven't gotten hardly any money from me. I have dancers sitting and talking to me a lot so I hardly see any reason to pay them anything extra for what comes natural. At many clubs though, most of the sitting and talking comes about after you buy the dancer a drink. I'd rather spend money on dances and forget about buying them drinks.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    casualguy, I think you make a good point. If, as a customer, you separate yourself from the average "I wanna get some" mentality customer, some dancers will gravitate to you. I, too, find dancers enjoy talking with me IF I let them. If I don't care for a dancer, for whatever reason, I just ignore them after my first "No".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion