tuscl

Have dance prices gone down in your area yet?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:42 AM
I think this will be a better sign of the lap dance economy. If prices have remained the same or gone up, it hasn't really hit yet. I haven't really noticed any change so far.

14 comments

• bluelens
    16 years ago
    Lap Dances did not go down in price during the 1982,1987,1991,1993 or 2001 recessions. Cover charges went away and drink prices went down. However, 1982 was the last time this country had a high unemployment rate and LDs were unknown outside of the state of CA at that time. It will be interesting to see if the cost does start to decrease. I think the decrease in cover charges and more drink specials will happen first.
  • deogol
    16 years ago
    Just negotiate.
  • FinalLap
    16 years ago
    I've noticed more 2 for 1 nights, particularly in markets where there is direct competition between clubs, either due to proximity or very similar mode of operation. In MI and Ohio, I'm thinking we'll see this continue. The money just isn't there, and it's getting worse.
  • gk
    16 years ago
    The discretionary money is dryng up and it will get worse, especially in the Great Lakes/midwest section of the country. Dancers are hurting because fewer customers are frequenting the clubs. This is happening all over in other establishments as well. But the SCs are probably feeling the pinch first because that's just play money and is kprobably the first to be cut. Everything's negotiable as someone said. It all depends on location and management, what type of cub and environment you're in.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    No, but dancer begging is going up every night.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Bluelens says: "Lap Dances did not go down in price during the 1982,1987,1991,1993 or 2001 recessions. Cover charges went away and drink prices went down. However, 1982 was the last time this country had a high unemployment rate and LDs were unknown outside of the state of CA at that time. It will be interesting to see if the cost does start to decrease. I think the decrease in cover charges and more drink specials will happen first." To further these intelligent comments, I also think that things will "spread" from California (and other hot-spots) the way things did in 1982, riding the unemployment wave. New Orleans will get a lot of semi-skilled construction workers, for instance; people who used to be able to make it fine in Little Rock or Dubuque but now need to find a more booming construction market to tap. (We're still rebuilding after Katrina, here, so the housing construction thing isn't as bad as in the rest of the country.) Along with that sort of cash economy comes girls interested in cash ... ... I hope. :)
  • BuckMcNutter
    16 years ago
    I commend the Rhino in West Palm beach for having $10 laps until 8pm every day. And All day Tuesdays. The rest of FL has not realized we are in a depression yet. Sorry just quoted Jim Krammer. :(( Some dancers still think they can ask for $350 for a half hour VIP. They need to recognize that Irrational Exuberance is gone !!
  • deogol
    16 years ago
    A lot of dancers like to think they are smart about money. A certain "pink site" has long winded explanations of how to do bankruptcies and credit repair. The more hilarious threads are about having a good attitude and the money (no one has) will come to them. Now that the recession is kicking ass all over, there are more "cheap" guys coming to the clubs. Their entitlement mentality is mighty amusing at times. Being smart about money is having money when no one else does.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I can only speak for my favorite club because they do not do lap dances in Atlanta. Day shift has really not changed in 5 or 6 years. I can still get great dancers at 2 for $20. Once in a while 2 for $25. After 8PM most are asking 1 for $30. That is an increase from a few years ago. Sometimes I can get them to come down. Other times, I just pass.Snowtime and myself were talking to my #one dancer. She told us that the girls were asking $600-700/hr for the Champagne room. She agreed with us that, that is nuts but there are amateur customers out there that don't know it. She also agreed with us that dancers could make more money by charging less. They are all bitching about the economy and how bad business is. My favorites were not hurting.
  • JMelbourne27
    16 years ago
    In the Tampa Area Prices have DEF gone down. Some clubs are waiving Door Fees, drink prices are somewhat lower, and from what I hear girls are offering more for less. One girl said that more and more girls are going home empty handed, and another said she was going to have to start waitressing again to make ends. The economy will get better, it's just the BANKS that are not lending any money. People with PERFECT 740 Credit scores are having to put down 40% to buy a house. Perhaps that will just become the norm, so everyone is going to have to save up 40% of their dollars in order to purchase a house. What tha means thouh is that a house that is $100,000 a person will have to come up with $40,0000! That's going to take a while tfor people to save up that amount of cash...meanwhile, there are THOUSANDS of houses on the market. People are just going to start squatting in the empty houses, and the Banks are going to have to start hiring Security unless they start renting them out...but renting them out would help the economy too! It's just the banks SITTING on SO MUCH Currency and Hard Assets that is TRULY hurting our economy.
  • deogol
    16 years ago
    14 trillion dollars has been destroyed by the housing bubble bursting. Do you honestly think banks have money and are sitting on it? They are fucked even with 700 billion in gift money. The baby boomers really did a number on this economy.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Yet again, the fuckin' boomers. The most self-entitled, lazy-ass, un-connected, un-involved generation America has ever known. I'm looking forward to them getting old and doddering and needing me to help them get to the potty ... ... for a price. >:]
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I am not sure if I qualify as a baby boomer. I was born in 1942. I am now drawing full SS retirement benefits but am still working and still contributing to SS and federal taxes. I have a mortgage with Chase Home Finance. A 15 year fixed at 5 1/4. My house was reappraised at $240k two years ago. I have been making prepayments to the principal and now only owe $75k. I expect it to be paid off in 3 1/2 to 4 years. I have only one credit card. It has a balance of $120 for my last stay in Columbia. Am I really responsible for the shape of the economy? I also spend $1200/mo at my favorite club. Am I helping?
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    You're not a boomer. :) To me, "boomer" is more a concept than a chronology. All those doped out "just relax" people who get what they want, now, with debt-financing, and playing at alternative religions, and just generally being overly self-indulgent? THOSE are boomers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion