Summer Reading?

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Friday, August 8, 2008 11:55 PM
Anyone want to share?

8 comments

• jablake
    16 years ago
    Stripclub related I read "Walking with Enemies," by Eric Jerome Dickey. Many young black women, including Gambling dancer, love to read his "romance" thug? type books. It is not to my taste, but I wouldn't minding reading a few more because I like to try and understand where they're coming from. It is wonderful to be able to talk about this book or that book that *they* love. The other books it is hard to say because I'm not keeping track and if it slows then I'll start skimming or get a different book.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Always waiting for a new Christopher Moore Edward P. Jones
  • AbbieNormal
    16 years ago
    My summer reading: Finished Liberal Fascism, The Forgotten man, Old Man's War, Glory Road. Ready to start A Confederacy of Dunces, Fallen Angels
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Books currently on order: “The Academy” – Bentley Little “Dead Sea” – Brian Keene “The Keeper” – Sarah Langan “Bad Moon Rising”, “Ghost Road Blues” & “Dead Man’s Song” -- Jonathan Maberry Those are for fun. Equally fun (for me anyway) are all the new Adobe training books from Kelby Training. Not just for my work but for my sense of artistic expression I love anything photoshop or illustrator related. That should get me through the Summer anyway.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    For the past 2 weeks I've been re-reading my collection of Bill Pronzini's "Nameless Detective" series. Prior to that I read the lastest novels of Laurie King and James Lee Burke and a recent one by Sue Grafton. Prior to that I re-read all of the Randy Wayne White "Doc Ford" books. Needless to say I enjoy mysteries. I've been re-reading all of my favorite authors this year. It's interesting to read a series back-to-back and in order - a good series is very much a continuing story which you miss when you only read one a year as they come out. And Pronzini and White have written 2 of the best.
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    I'm turned off by much of what I find in the bookstore, however, I love Clive Cussler. His main character, Dirk Pitt, is someone we all want to be. Dirk is a hero, but he's also a poonhound. Dirk finds kitty just about everywhere he goes, meanwhile, he's usually saving the country from some mad genius who wants to rule the world. Clives books I very much recommend: Night Probe- (we might actually face this in a few years) Deep Six Atlantis Found
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Night probe is awsome!! It also made me kinda worried cause i could definately see it happening
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    For non fiction i have to read thousands of health codes and demographic charts for the resturant ugh. And i have to cost out all the damn recipes. Fiction is much more fun But everytime I get a good book I gobble it up and finish in a nite.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion