tuscl

Dancer Breaks After Dances . . .

I was at the RolLexx yesterday afternoon and there were a lot of dancers. Quality was low; only a single sweet spinner.

I rebuffed aggressive dancer after agressive dancer praying for the simple "wanna dance" approach. Alas, these strippers have probably been reading TUSCL. :( Business was BAD, which is probably why they were in overdrive mode. (FWIW, Coco'a parking lot was packed with fancy automobiles in sharp contrast with this club, which is only about a quarter mile west down the street.) Both clubs are shooting galleries so I don't know why the big difference.

Finally, the single sizzling spinner approaches. I buy dances and she seems to really be getting into it. Too much so; she increased her speed to warp and that put me out of action too early. :( So she goes to the dressing room and POOF that is the last I see of her even though I stayed more than an hour and half after her retiring to the dressing room. Yes, the rest of dancers were bad enough that my eyes were focused on the dressing room: 1) looking for a new hottie to appear (hotties often stay hidden in the dressing room for most of their shift) and 2) looking for her return in order to buy more dances.

Anyone else notice dancers going POOF after giving a bunch of dances?

13 comments

• uscue13
    16 years ago
    Yeah either that or the ones that I stage tip and let them know that I want dances when they're done, but after the set disappear to the back for an hour. If I anted her that bad I spend that hour not looking for another dancer because I don't want to miss the disappearing hottie which amounts to a lot of wasted time and "no thanks" to some other girls that I might consider somewhat.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    1. What is a shooting gallery

2. Yeah, I have had the POOF experience - I imagine most dedicated clubbers have had this one time or another. An hour is too long for POOF recovery. After 20 minutes (at most) put it behind you and either (a) find a dancer that you can click with, <or> (b) move on to another club.

My most memorable POOF occured about three months ago at Centerfolds in Houston. Tipped a girl on stage, she thanked me and said she would come out to sit with me as soon as she towelled off in the dressing room. Never saw her in the club again. But I amused myself with other dancers (even talking to a bartender or another customer is better than obsessing over one cute but empty headed dancer). Eventually I connected very well with a Hawaiian girl and ended up having a great time.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Hi arbeeguy,

Coco's has had different stories in The Herald about shootings and the resulting deaths and or injuries. The last one I read about not too long ago was because a patron called a stripper too old. Stripper calls her son and soon the dead bodies and those with mere bullet holes start piling up. The son and his gang were rounded up promptly and face first degree murder charges, etc. I mean shoot if a man can't defend his mommy, then what's the point in living anyway.

Talking with dancers at Angels and RolLexx (as well as The Trap) those dancers claim that the RolLexx is far more dangerous. It just doesn't make the papers. The lower class clientele of the RolLexx just ain't worth newspaper ink perhaps.

I'm use to spending a lot of time in clubs waiting for the right dancer. When Angels was white the wait was months and months and months. The bartender thought I was crazy for 1) expecting to ever find an attractive dancer at Angels (he'd gone 3 years without seeing one) and 2) for caring about looks (a hole is a hole and all holes is good). Angels was a nice place to hang out because it was so quiet. Originally the jukebox was broke, but when it got repaired, to the owner's anger, I pulled the plug--there was a heated confrontation over that and meaning of property rights. Much later a compromised was worked out with the dancers to play very quiet music. They weren't supposed to be dancing for the most part, imo, and the music was just pollution.

The first black dancer wanted to dance and unfortunately the white girl walk died :( because they wrongly believed it was her dancing skill that attracted attention. Bottom line: She was HOT and they were UGLY, but they did know how to walk real pretty. :) Perfection would have been if she forgot about dancing and learned how to walk!

• jablake
    16 years ago
    BTW, Angels was much smaller than it is currently. And, the customers were much poorer.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    There was a dancer that had danced for me a few times, sitting with me. Some guy came in and she excused herself with an "I'll be right back." Well, POOF, she disappeared into the private room with him. To my complete surprise, she came out after one song, came straight to me an apologized. She was surprised he wanted to go to the back. She told me she would be back after a couple more dances. Lo and behold, she was true to her word. After she sat and had a drink with me, we went to the back and she even gave me a couple of free dances for my "trouble"! I was, then, quite surprised myself. Problem was, after that visit, I never saw her again. She was a favorite.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    I'd always encourage the dancers that I knew to go POOF when a real customer came in. By real customer: someone that just wants to buy and begone or stay and spend real money.

The dancers are at work and they don't need to be wasting time with me when there is money to be made. What little money I have can always be spent at a later time or date.

These customers were handing out $20s like they were $1s and the dancer I knew didn't want to "abandon" me. I told her if the situation was reverse, then I'd dropping you in a heart beat; she didn't like that. :) She went and collected like $80 and was back in less than 10 minutes; I barely realized she was gone and think she made a mistake coming back so soon. Those men had some money to spend. I was afraid that later she'd be upset with herself or me for wasting time on a low spender when there are big fish to fry!

• jablake
    16 years ago
    One perfect 10 that I knew at the old Baby Dolls told me she was under a lot of pressure to spend time in the dressing from other dancers. She said the other dancers were angry that she was taking business from them. The theory was that if she wasn't available the customers would settle for chopped fish. To some extent that was very true. It seemed like most customers aren't that concerned about looks and if the super hottie isn't around they'll settle for any thing that is breathing or was breathing.

Another dancer at Angels said that she wasn't at club to make money so she didn't see where it made too much difference if she spent her time in the dressing room or not.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    jablake,

I agree with the, "The dancers are at work and they don't need to be wasting time with me when there is money to be made. What little money I have can always be spent at a later time or date."

As for them staying in the dressing room, I say the hell with the dogs and/or "chopped fish"!
  • Ironcat
    16 years ago
    The other night I asked a dancer why some of her colleagues just sat around and weren't hustling dances (it was a pretty slow afternoon but there were several patrons filtering in). She said that a lot of the girls like to just sit and drink and gossip with their buddies. She also said that many were picky about who they gave dances to. When I pursued this, she said she doesn't like to dance for younger guys because all they wanted to do is ask her out or get free dances because they considered themselves to be god's gift to women. She also said she wouldn't dance for older guys who were fat and unattractive, or not well dressed. This really narrowed the field down, but again, she said many of the girls just didn't care about hustling.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    We go in the back and make out ( ok thats just happens in my head)

ALOT of girls are picky. I actually dont like the young frat boys myself cause they are arrogant and usually broke. And Im thinking its a throw back from my highschool days of us scienceclub kids(ummm nerds and proud) not mixing with the popular kids (aka philistines) LOL
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    "We go in the back and make out..." I can't get past the mental picture that statement gives me. I didn't get a word of your post after that.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I thought it was tickle fights, actually ...
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Yea, strippers spending "too much time" in the dressing room is a pet-peeve of mine too, but they do have to take a break sometime. From what I can tell, they do gossip about whatever, apply/re-apply makeup, smoke/do drugs, change costumes, go to the bathroom, and yes...they do occasionally make out sometimes...in the dressing room...lol...

One of the times that I was "invited" back into the dressing room at a former favorite club of mine in northern NY...I found the weirdest thing on one of the shelves. This one older stripper had brought in a plastic container of colored, candy sprinkles (or "jimmies" as we used to call them back home) to nosh on when she got hungry for something sweet. And then we all made-out... :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion