tuscl

Ignore lists...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I had 5 on mine. Today I removed 3 of them. I don't think that the other 2 are even active anymore. I did so because I did not always understand the dialog. Things were missing and I had to see what was being said about me, so that I could understand what the next post was about. This does not mean that I like you. It just means that I want to totally understand the discussion. I am not surprised at what has been said about me. This does not mean that I will enter into any pissing matches with the 3 of you. It just means that I want to be informed. Any personal attacks will just be ignored.

9 comments

• chandler
    16 years ago
    I've got two names on ignore who evidently still post here regularly because I see their names in others' replies. I never feel a great need to see what I'm missing. In one case because I know it's a only personal insult, dull and witless. In the other case because I know it's too incoherent to lend any more understanding to the remainder of the thread than its absence does.
  • minnow
    16 years ago
    In addition to RL,& 2 others, I added a recent high profile poster simply because wading through all his stuff to get to something I was interested in was getting to be wearisome. One website "nuance" I noticed when logging in is that the "previous 25 posts" icon no longer appears- could it be that poster has been so voluminous that it literally takes hours just to get rid of his threads, and have new "resorted post order" be effective now??
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    RL was banned several months ago. I guess he could have come back under a new name but I haven't spotted the same repetitions in posts like he used to do.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    I keep no one on ignore because doing so compromises the spirit of this message board.
  • CarolinaWanderer
    16 years ago
    parodyman and MisterGuy are the only two for whom I choose to use the ignore button. There are others that I usually skip over rather than ignore.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    People whose primary purpose here seems to be to attack others personally get me to use the ignore button. I just skip posts from people who rarely have anything interesting to say.
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    I do not like the personal attacks by some of the people on this board but so far I hsve chosen to ignore those comments myself rather than use the "ignore" button. While occasional jabs at members may be ok I cannot see why some on this board seem obsessed with denegrating others. I think that, in the long run, all it does is reduce their credibility to those who are truly trying to carry on a legitimate discussion. As with previous members who have taken this childlike approach they eventually get board with the lack of positive feedback and move on (I assmue).
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    DAMN, I can't believe I agree with ludicrouslydifferentfeebleimitationman again! That is at least twice.

No one on my ignore list.
  • CarolinaWanderer
    16 years ago
    Oops! Forgot I put David9999 on ignore because he bores the hell out of me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion