tuscl

TUSCL Format

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I think founder has done a decent job of improving this website. I am sure he spent a lot of time making the changes. But I think it could be better.

For example, there is a little strip club site devoted entirely to Michigan clubs called www.twosheds.com. Overall, it's not a great site, but founder could take a few lessons from it. First of all, the site if fast. At times, TUSCL seems to be a bit sluggish. The best feature of the twosheds site is the format of the discussion board. When creating posts, one can choose font sizes, make things bold, quote other posters. It just make for a much nicer appearance. I think it pretty much follows the kind of discussion board format seen at stripperweb.com and many other non-SC related sites.

I am not a computer guy - but it seems to me founder is trying to re-invent the wheel when I believe he could probably just copy and paste the source code from some library out there that has already done it.

Founder - I like this site - not trying to be too critical, but just a suggestion to improve TUSCL.

5 comments

• chi_sam
    16 years ago
    The biggest advantage TwoSheds has over TUSCL is that when a comment is added to a thread it cycles back to the top, thus interesting threads don't get buried within hours and left to 'die on the vine'.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    chi_sam,

I think that is how TUSCL works, unless we are on different pages.
  • JerseyJack
    16 years ago
    clubber and chi_sam are definitely on the same page. However, the sort order of the list appears to be determined by the value of a cookie that TUSCL sets (discsortlastreply). If it is set to a value of 0 (or not found, I assume), the list is sorted by Posted date. If it is set to a value of 1, the sort order is by Last Reply date.

Notice that the headings for those two columns are hyperlinks. Clicking them will resort the list and set the value of the cookie appropriately.

I can only assume that Founder felt that some guys would want the list sorted one way or the other, so providing the clickable column headings was an easy (but not-so-obvious) way to do that.

On a forum/discussion board page, I would agree that the default sort order should be on Last Reply date.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Huh? WTF. You totally lost me. I am a strip club expert not a computer guru. My grandmother used to make me cookies.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    In lay mens terms, one can choose the order.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion