tuscl

Lack of Computer Customer Service

Book Guy
I write it like I mean it, but mostly they just want my money.
I recently used a link at a strip-club's web page to ask some specifics about the club. I took the time to write an intelligent, terse, two-paragraph letter. "Hi, I'm interested in finding out blah blah. The context is such-and-so. Thanks very much for your etc."

I really hate it when the response to this sort of query is, essentially, to blatantly display, "We don't give a shit if you get a decent answer or not." My response was the following: "You have written to us about Q topic. No." Or, "It will be somewhere between $20 and $50." Or, "Thanks, but you'll have to phone us."

I guess the club doesn't really need to bother with attracting people by means of decent friendly customer service. Why the fuck do they put email links on their web pages, if they aren't actually going to bother to USE EMAIL to distribute INTELLIGENT INFORMATION?

"Hey, when is dancer auditions. What day and time?" "Please come in to see us." Grr.

"Hello, how much is a taxi from the airport." "I don't know. You can call the cab company." Grr.

"Hi, would you have seating for a group of six on Friday?" "Please phone when the manager is in. I don't know when that will be." Grr.

"Is there wheelchair and other handicapped access to the main floor? The private rooms? The restrooms?" "Many of our customers enjoy their time here." Grr.

"I'm interested in finding out when my cousin will be doing the DJ work there. Can you tell me when he'll be in?" "We play hip-hop and rap on Thursdays, classic rock on Fridays, and Saturday is dancer's choice." Grr.

"Are you just north or just south of the turnpike? I can't tell from your web map page." "Please consult our web map page." Grr.

"Is there a dress code at your club? What is it? I will only have dark jeans and a clean t-shirt tomorrow night." "Please observe our dress code when visiting." Grr.

What the FFFF is with these morons?

Grr. Just venting.

4 comments

• deogol
    16 years ago
    Have you even BEEN to a strip club? Customer service is not exactly the thing to find there. From being a pathetic loser laughed at in the dressing room to being a cheap bastard for not buying a dance to being a pervert merely being in a club - to the hurmph and under-the-breath cussing to being told NO - the stripper's customer service sucks. Then you have the bathroom monkey demanding a dollar for ripping off a piece of hand towel for you... to the goons who stand around waiting to kick someone's ass or simply tell you where and how to sit to kicking you out of a table to make room for their friends....

I ask again - have you ever been in a strip club before?
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Yeah, ok, good point. Doesn't mean it isn't fair to complain about it. I mean ... oh never mind ...
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    You are right Book Guy. Easier to pull your own teeth out than to get an intelligent answer to a question in email from most clubs.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    My experience has been better. However my expectations are not that high to start with. I guess when you expect customer service to be slim to none it doesn't take much to meet customer satisfaction. It might help that I can get a picture of if I was a manager of a club and I was doing it just to pick up a little bit of extra cash but didn't want to put that much effort into it, how would I feel about answering someone's question? If it's something I can find out myself or something I wouldn't want to be bothered with, I don't ask.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion