tuscl

Pattaya Revisited

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Sunday, July 28, 2024 7:25 AM
My first trip to Pattaya, Thailand, was in March, and I have returned already. What brings me to this tropical land? The polite Thai people? The spicy Thai food? The polite and spicy Thai bar girls? You be the judge.

I had been traveling in East Africa, doing the Hemingway thing but without murdering the animals. My adventures, however, did not provide any female companionship. Then I discovered you can fly from Addis Ababa to Bangkok for under $500. Giddy up!

The best thing about Pattaya is the sheer number of girls. The city has 25,000 to 30,000 sex workers. Not all of them girls, of course, but most are. Every night you will see not just one girl but hundreds of girls you would be willing to die for (or at least to spend a ton of money on).

Single white men crowd the red light areas, mostly middle-aged dorks and broken-down grandpas. Now I realize I'm no Bradley Cooper or Zac Efron. I'm not even Paul Giamatti. But I claim I look pretty good next to some of these specimens on the streets and in the bars.

Pattaya has 3 main areas for female entertainment: Walking Street, Soi 6 and Soi LK Metro. "Soi" is Thai for a smaller street that runs off a main street. "Soi" is sometimes translated into English as "alley", but this is not really correct. A soi can be a large and busy street.

You can see Soi 6 in many YouTube videos. Soi 6 runs between Beach Road and Second Road. It is filled with bars and bar girls, and the girls stand outside and try to pull you in. They will grab you and tug you and physically assault you. They do not believe that no means no. The girls, I understand, get a commission for every guy they bring in. The bars are not go-go bars with dancing girls. Instead they are places you can drink and buy drinks for girls and feel up the girl you are with. Most have rooms in the back for more intimate activities.

I did not like the Soi 6 experience as much as the go-go bars in other areas. In Soi 6, if a girl latches onto you, you will find it hard to get away from her. You don't get to sit and judge which girl you like the best. The best move is to spot a girl you like outside and select her before a dozen others grab you. I took only 1 Soi 6 girl back to my hotel.

Soi LK Metro is an L-shaped street with many go-go bars where you can have a beer and watch the dancers. One evening I tried 5 or 6 bars, having a required beer or two at each bar and getting myself hammered. I think I visited Lady Love, Kink, Queen, Slutz, Showgirls, Crystal, and Sugar Sugar. LK Metro is cheaper than Walking Street in terms of drinks and bar fines and girls. But I was a little disappointed in the quality of the dancers. I took only 1 girl from an LK Metro club back to my hotel.

Walking Street consists of a few blocks of Beach Road that are blocked off from traffic at night. The real action begins after 8PM and goes well past 2AM. People of all kinds flood the street, and you will be approached by free-lance whores, pimps, ladyboys, beggars, and perverts. It is a fun festival. The go-go bars range from small ones with a dozen dancers to large ones with over a hundred dancers. You can enjoy the show for the price of a beer. None of the bars has a cover charge. My favorites go-gos are XS, Pin Up and Baccara. I have taken 1 or 2 girls every night from these clubs.

The big go-go bars are the most expensive for drinks, lady drinks, bar fines, and girls. But I feel these places are worth it. I did not travel half-way round the world to pinch pennies.

20 comments

• Jascoi
    2 months ago
    i also greatly enjoyed thailand in january. bangkok and pattaya were a nice experience! the greater LK area is huge. walking street and soi6... i shall return.
  • Studme53
    2 months ago
    Someday…thanks for the info!
  • Electronman
    2 months ago
    Very helpful travel guide for Pattaya. Would you share some information on costs (e.g., bar fines).
  • doctorevil
    2 months ago
    I haven’t been to Pattaya since the early 90s, but remember my visits there quite fondly. Some favorite spots that still stick out in my mind are Tahitian Queen, Baby-a-Gogo , and Caligula Orgy-a-Gogo (the latter mainly for the name, it wasn’t really that great of bar).

Do the girls in the gogo bars still wear red buttons with a number that makes it easy for a waiter to fetch the girl for you?
  • ReadyToMonger
    2 months ago
    1.Did you go solo?
    2.Is Going Solo safe as far as someone not trying to set you up or fuck around?
    2.Did you make them shower first?
    3.Did you suck any one of their pussies?
    4.Did you suck their toes?
    5.Did they suck dick with enthusiasm or just mechanical BJ?
  • doctorevil
    2 months ago
    Phuket is worth a trip also. A much more laid-back beach town atmosphere, most beautiful beaches in the world, and plenty to keep you entertained in the evening as well.
  • ReadyToMonger
    2 months ago
    No idea WTF link that is. I typed "Is going solo safe" and somehow it took the "is" and made some bullshit link. disregard link
  • twentyfive
    2 months ago
    When I grow up I want to be jackslash
  • WiseToo
    2 months ago
    ^^^^6. Did you catch any STI's?
  • DrStab
    2 months ago
    Was your hotel somewhat close to the bar areas?
  • Jascoi
    2 months ago
    1. had a tj friend as a tour guide the first two weeks. 2. shower first? no. 3. daty. yes. 4. toes? sometimes. 5. bj. twenty times yes. once no.
    costs were 1/2 of tj bars. only paid one bar fine. at Xs. realitively pricey. top tier girl 3000 bhat.
    stayed in hotels central LK.
  • Jascoi
    2 months ago
    long ass expensive flights however.
  • RonJax2
    2 months ago
    Great to hear you had another successful trip here.

I wonder if it’s possible to retire to Thailand.
  • shadowcat
    2 months ago
    @RonJax2. I know for a fact that Steve Shine, the day manager at Follies, is retired and living in Pattaya.
  • RonJax2
    2 months ago
    Yeah, shadow, was just googling for the answer to this and it looks like it's pretty easy actually: https://visaguide.world/moving-to/thaila…
  • Jascoi
    2 months ago
    as a regular tourist... gotta leave thailand by 30 days. and that's what i did. they stamp your passport with that date. and thai checks that date when you leave.

sti... i had no issue.
  • Jascoi
    2 months ago

pull the rope!
    pull the chain!
    honk the horn!
    ring the bell!
    buy all the staff and girls a drink!
    if you like to spend even more money...
  • jackslash
    2 months ago
    I'll try to answer all your questions.

1. Prices
    The US dollar is worth 36 Thai Baht. To make mental conversions easy, I considered 100 TB equal to $3 US and 1000 TB equal to $30 US.

Bar fines (the amount you pay to take a girl out of a bar) ranged from 1000 TB to 2500 TB ($30 to $75). The cost for a girl ranged from 3000 TB to 7500 TB ($90 to $225). These are short time rates, meaning you get 1 or 2 hours in your hotel room. The low rates were for Soi 6 and the highest rates were for Walking Street clubs like XS and Pin Up.

2. Do dancers wear badges with numbers? Yes. They all have a little round badge with a number like 235 or 677, making them easy to identify. We do need some stinking badges!

3. I went solo, which is also the way I go to American strip clubs. I always felt safe. Violent crime is almost unknown in Thailand.

4. Showering. All the Thai bar girls I have taken to a hotel in Bangkok or Pattaya have insisted on a shower. It's most fun to shower with the girl.

5. I did not suck any bar girl pussy. I don't know where it's been (or rather I do know where it's been). I'm sure you can do this if you want. The standard activities are BBBJ and CFS. You can negotiate for other services. Toe sucking? You perverts are grossing me out.

6. Hotels are cheap in Thailand. You can stay at a 4 or 5 star hotel for $100 or so. My hotel is a few minutes from Walking Street and so I can just walk back when I take a girl out of a club. I used a cab or Grab (a ride-sharing app like Uber) bring girls back from Soi 6 or LK Metro. Cabs and Grab are very inexpensive.

Being able to take girls out of club back to your hotel is the thing I like most about Bangkok and Thailand. You can enjoy yourself with your girl in your nice, clean hotel room.

• ReadyToMonger
    2 months ago
    Jackslash, seems like you are a true connoisseur of Thai whore mongering. Thanks for the replies.
  • stainglass
    2 months ago
    HOW to add this to my bookmarks? I don't see any "Add bookmark" tab after the changes?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion