tuscl

They stood the watch, it’s our turn !

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Thursday, June 6, 2024 12:40 PM
It’s our turn, the 80th anniversary of D Day, the start of Operation Overlord Let’s thank our greatest generation for their courage and sacrifice God bless America

16 comments

• gammanu95
    23 days ago
    If you really meant "God Bless America" and for people to stand the watch and protect our freedoms, you would not be a liberal putz supporting criminals and traitors like Obama, Clinton, and Biden.
  • Puddy_Tat
    23 days ago
    Someone showed a picture of Ted Williams stepping into the battery's box in front of Yogi Berra, only it said that a man who flew >30 combat sorties in WW2 stepped in, in front a machine gunner from D-Day. We sure don't make them like we used to. Gamnanu, your life must be incredibly boring if you have to start personal attacks on threads like this. I pity you. (And I'm a conservative)
  • gammanu95
    23 days ago
    Puddy, truth matters. It is as simple as that. How boring and pathetic are you to defend the OP? Bill Clinton- the military endured losses in the Battle of Mogadishu, but won the battle. His response? Pull out our military. Victory to the Somali warlords, propaganda for al Qaeda, and demoralization for our troops. Our allies learned that the colors of Bubba's America did run. The first world trade center bombing, Khobar Towers, twin African embassy bombings, USS Cole; Bubba's response? Send multi-million dollar cruise missiles to bomb empty tents in the desert somewhere. Obama denied that ISIS was a threat, even as they were already conquering large swaths of Syria and Iraq, he called them the JV and did nothing while their propaganda radicalized hundreds of Americans and thousands worldwide. When AQ did not end with the death of UBL, he denied its existence and said it was a new terror org called the Khorasan group. His denial and inaction led to dozens of attacks and hundreds of death of US citizens on US soil. In Benghazi, Libya, American state dept officials and their defenders were attacked and killed in an organized ambush. Prior to that, they had recognized the threat and requested add'l support, so we know it was planned and professionally executed. Her response? Deny, deny, deny. It was some amateur youtube video, it was innocent protests which turned into a riot, we never knew anything was coming. Despite American airbases, army bases, and carriers in the region, no support was sent while an American diplomatic mission was attacked and American citizens were being killed. Biden? Abandoned Afghanistan to the Taliban. He watched while they conquered all of that hard-earned territory, province-after-province, and abandoned all of that gear, all of those brave Afghan partners, and innocents to the Taliban. After 20 years of blood and treasure, he ran. And he allowed one final catastrophic attacks against our troops while it happened. Russia attacks our infrastructure, holding a major gas pipeline hostage and more. Old badass Biden give Putin a note and said "off-limits". Attack anywhere but here. The democrat party does not believe in red lines or consequences for anyone but their domestic political opposition. So, yes, I stand by my statement that you cannot support those abysmal, partisan, failures and call yourself a freedom-fighting American patriot. That is mutually exclusive.
  • twentyfive
    23 days ago
    ^I served did you? you’re welcome
  • twentyfive
    23 days ago
    @founder Would you please remove my haters political posts from my thread and admonish him to keep his posts in the appropriate discussion section
  • gammanu95
    23 days ago
    With all of the times you shit on others posts and derail their threads? Hypocrit. If you really want to prove your mettle as an American, challenge my ideals. Debate back. Prove me wrong and rebut my arguments.
  • minnow
    23 days ago
    25, harken back ~ 10 yrs. to Alucard's TLD thread ("The Longest Day" movie). There was some good back and forth in thread, only marred by a few trolls. Two participants in thread (Alucard and farmerart ) have been deceased for a while. RIP to the US (and allied) military who gave their lives. I'd also recommend viewing Gen. Patton's 1945 Los Angeles speech on YT. He sounds different than George C. Scott, but no less impressive.
  • twentyfive
    23 days ago
    ^ 👍
  • Warrior15
    23 days ago
    I remember the first time I watched the movie Saving Private Ryan. That first scene with them hitting the beach. Scared the shit out of me.
  • motorhead
    23 days ago
    Thank you to everyone who served. I come from a family with a string military background. Grandfather was is France in 1917 - 1918. Father joined the Navy at 17 in April 1944 so before D-Day, but knew the invasion was probably soon - but he was sent to the Pacific. Two Uncles in Korea and one in Viet Nam. But I didn’t. I was in that unique window of people born between 1957 and 1959 who didn’t have to resister for selective service and it was mostly a period of peace when I turned 18.
  • twentyfive
    23 days ago
    👍
  • minnow
    23 days ago
    P_T: In addition to the WW2 missions that Ted Williams flew as a Marine Aviator, he also flew some missions in the Korean War , further sacrificing his pro baseball career. His flight leader during several of those missions was John Glenn. (Famous astronaut, and US Senator).
  • Muddy
    22 days ago
    Yeah it sucks to see these guys not around the neighborhood anymore. They were everywhere and sort of had a patriotism that you just don't see anymore. It's up to us bring it back. I mean right now you have a good chunk of the country cheering an Islamic terrorist group so I'm not sure if it'll ever get back to what it was. That's a lot of ground to make up.
  • Studme53
    22 days ago
    Biggest amphibious landing in history was considered a very risky thing. A million things could have gone wrong, but our troops pulled it off with tremendous success. Great to see our hero troops returning to Normandy beach 80 years later - and being appreciated.
  • Puddy_Tat
    22 days ago
    @minnow - very interesting. Too bad most athletes, except standouts like Pat Tillman (RIP) have become divas who embarrass themselves when they try to become social activists. Hell, I can barely comprehend that level of service and sacrifice. To know you were probably about to get shredded by the Wehrmacht's machine guns? Can barely comprehend. I have 3 uncles who were in the Navy, one of which was exposed to Agent Orange which possibly shortened his life.
  • Studme53
    22 days ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion