tuscl

Smart Experienced People Don't Taken . . . by a Stripper

I thought that was a myth that might need exposing. Dancers and friends will sometimes comment that I'm too smart or too experienced to get conned by a pro. I always shake my head and say that isn't true at all. I could play safer to eliminate the risk to pretty much zero, but to me that is far worse than getting taken occasionally. The lost opportunities for me, mean more than saving face or money by avoiding a suspect con or even changing the structure of the transaction (I may pay a dancer upfront because it is worth the risk to me rather than insist on a safer structure).

Also, normally if the con is so good that she actually has me fooled then she is doing her job extremely well. :)

Probably the most common con that I get taken for is the dance overcount. Now, I could be a "man" and take a very hard line and that is one course of action. Usually, I'd rather just pay and hopefully be done with her. Another option would be to pay her in advance or after each song. Neither option is very appealing to me. I could ask her to tell me the count after each song and with some dances this works perfect. The downside is with those dances who forget to let you know at the end of each song, but still expect to paid. Normally, I will pay if the count seems about right.

Another con is turning the table into a lap dance at some point without the dancer asking first. One dancer said oh, these are $10 chairs. Absolutely NO shame on her part. I didn't pay the extra $5 per song and she didn't give me dances in the future. Another dancer tried that nonsense shortly thereafter. She at least came clean that she was just trying to earn a little extra money. That scam seems pretty dead, but the one where she morphs the table in a lap has staying power unfortunately.

9 comments

• jablake
    16 years ago

Just wanted to elaborate a little on why I don't always stand up to a dancer whose been dishonest. One of the main reason is I don't want future issues with the dancer or her friends. Besides there is always the very slim chance she was just mistaken. And, I view my future business as valuable and that loss, imo, is usually enough for me to feel that "justice" has been served. Another reason, and it may just be a problem that I have, is that if there is a conflict I tend to get very down and might slip and take out my unhappiness on some nice person without even fully realizing it. For me I feel much better just thinking in terms of cutting my losses short.

BTW, it was a dispute over a mere $20 that lead to the death of one good young man and life sentence for the other young man (I heard that he also supposedly was a good guy). Yes, that could happen anywhere. However, in the club you've got young guys who are getting all worked up and the emotions can definitely be at higher levels; critical thinking tends to diminish in the club as well. If by your code of honor it is worth it, then by all means go for it. :)

• parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Christ,

I hope that people didn't think I meant for them to pick fights. All I wanted to state was a little of the proper attitude and experience and you won't look like an easy mark.

jablake is right in his approach. If you enter every situation leading with your balls you will almost assuredly find someone who will kick them up into your cranium at some point.

You could also go with, "Discretion is the better part of valor..."
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    I didn't get that impression from your posts. And, yes if you can avoid looking like an easy mark then that can save you a lot of grief. I think there is even some interesting research that shows looking weak can encourage a bully or predator.

It is the showdown time that I was thinking about. Generally, I'm overly cautious because I just want to avoid the trouble or put myself in a very negative frame of mind.

I will always remember the dance who I paid to get rid of and she unbelieveably comes back for more! She knew I was unhappy and wouldn't get lost. Surprisingly, she became a favorite dancer. She wanted me to stand up to her: To be a man. I had just wanted to relax and buy a few dances. If the music was low enough, then maybe listen to whatever an attractive dancer wanted to talk about.

• Book Guy
    16 years ago
    The "con" that I get taken on, is the idea that she "really wants" to spend time with me. I very much enjoy the company of a talented stripper-conversationalist, despite the fact that I know that she's not "really" interested in me as a "real" friend. I guess I'm getting "conned" because I interact with her in a friendly and fulfilling way ANYWAY ... :) .
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    I'm lucky in that about 100 visit's, I've only crossed one R.O.B's path. She took me for 200. The lesson I've learned is to set a limit, use cash only, and be prepared (go commando and bring condoms in my size).
  • gk
    16 years ago
    Best advice, these are all business transactions. If we make them anything else, we're breaking the real rules.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    gk,

I thought they were our girlfriends. Shouldn't we treat them like trusted members of our families? Maybe we should give them credit cards and checks incase they need our "help".
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Well, if I could afford it giving them credit cards and checks would be a hell of a lot of fun for me. I doubt it would be appreciated, but when it is appreciated that just makes helping feel that much better. This is selfishness on my part. It is sort of like trying to get the hooker to become soaking wet with apparent desire especially accompanied by hardened tits and a racing heart. That isn't for her and in fact if she can fake it is just as good for me. I will definitely want to become a regular customer if she can perform like that and isn't out of my price range.

Other customers become excited by inflicting pain and some women love to receive pain. I like to give pleasure, but I do watch the pennies because I'm not wealthy by any means. Is it unusual to get off by making a woman very happy or aroused?

As far as "breaking the real rules," I don't think there are "real rules" for the most part if you're ready to pay the piper. Can you afford to give her your credit card? Will it make you happy? If you want to try and make a friend or girlfriend out her, then can you afford the rejection or the knife in the back? Nothing wrong with treating a stripper as a friend as long as you realize the odds are probably stacked against you, no matter how special you think she is or how much you think that the two of you have clicked. And, the costs can be thru the roof!!! Hey, you don't mind paying financially, emotionally, and or physically then why not take the plunge? :)
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    "Macarism is the act of taking pleasure in another's joy. It's a good word.

I think it's interesting that in our culture, the obverse concept -- sadism, taking pleasure in another's pain -- is a word in common parlance, but macarism is not."

http://ccfinlay.livejournal.com/50860.ht…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion