tuscl

OK You People, On A Scale Of “1 To 10" Question: How Racist Are You?

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Saturday, January 27, 2024 3:08 AM
Please keep it 100% and be honest, there is no wrong answer and this quiz will not affect your grades. Just Answer The God Damn Question!

21 comments

• Puddy Tat
    6 months ago
    Zero
  • Jascoi
    6 months ago
    I'm horribly racist. cuz if they're not human. I'm racist.
  • rattdog
    6 months ago
    someone once asked me. "out of all the races what is your least favorite?" my reply: "the kentucky fucking derby. i've only picked the winner twice in the last 20 years."
  • motorhead
    6 months ago
    As part of the curriculum of the DEI/Re-orientation required by law students at the University of Wisconsin - traditional liberal attitudes such as “colorblindness” and “deferential treatment of people of color” were deemed racist. So I don’t know how racist I am, but CJK is a 10
  • wallanon
    6 months ago
    racist noun 1. A person who believes a particular race is superior to others. 2. A person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others. By the definitions above and your scale starting at a 1, assuming 1 is the low end I'll give myself a 1. I don't believe that any particular race is inherently superior to another.
  • twentyfive
    6 months ago
    I hate everybody equally, so my answer to your idiotic question, is no !
  • Mate27
    6 months ago
    I hate all races, especially marathons. They’re the worst!
  • drewcareypnw
    6 months ago
    Everybody is at least little racist. I try not to be, but still come to those conclusions at times based on experience, observation, taste, preconceptions, etc. so I’m going to say 3/10.
  • NinaBambina
    6 months ago
    ^That's a very honest answer.
  • NinaBambina
    6 months ago
    I'm not a racist, but I agree that nearly everyone is "racist" in some way, even if it is often subconsciously. Subconscious racism is quite common. So most people claiming to be a 1 are not really 1s. A lot of people have implicit biases and are not even consciously aware when they're being racist and/or contributing to racism. A lot of people think that a person can only be racist if they're doing something malicious and purposely discriminatory like shouting the N-word. That's not the only form of racism that exists. And I'm not sure what I'd give myself. Given my background I've been exposed to and identify with multiple cultures/ethnicities which gives me an advantage in being able to look at this objectively, if I choose to do so (which I try to). I also think all cultures have wonderful and interesting aspects to them so I don't think that certain races are inherently inferior or superior. However, going back the unconscious racism thing. I'm also mixed (black mom, white dad) but I usually wear my hair straight because I like it that way and it's easier to manage. My skin is also pretty light compared to most people, and colorism is a big deal which I profit from for the people here who don't know what it is). So, I can often be viewed by people who don't know me well as being non-black, and occasionally, I can be "white passing." I'm sure I have some subconscious beliefs shaped by my experiences with that. While, CONSCIOUSLY, I understand that no race is superior, it's a social construct anyway, and I really do my best to not be racist and I do my best to combat racism even against people who are not of any race I am mixed with. I guess if I'm being honest, I'd give myself a 2 or so. I do not except this to become a nuanced conversation though, this is tuscl.
  • gSteph
    6 months ago
    2.2. But I grew up a 3.8 so I'm getting better 🙂
  • motorhead
    6 months ago
    I would agree with those who said everyone is racist in some way. Even Jesse Jackson once famously said: “There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”
  • RiskA
    6 months ago
    “Discrimination” is an evolutionary and inherently human behavior. You don’t eat stuff that looks or smells like that stuff that made you puke. You stereotype & act accordingly. “Race” is a factor you recognize in the memory bank of experience. How it impacts you is a matter of your experience & cognitive process. So I’d say yeah 3/10 is probably good for me too. I don’t think race is my main criteria for categorizing people: it’s probably demeanor, overt behaviors I find threatening, speech, dress, etc. Bad haircuts or other obviously unwise choices haha.
  • dannyboy3
    6 months ago
    Racism in the " one group is better than another " sense 0 Pattern recognition and dislike of certain cultural features, 3. Young AA males commit violent crimes as 10 the rate of all other groups. Will I be wart around a guy acting like a thug, yes. I see that as pattern recognition. The particular person may be a teddy bear, but I don't know that and so let experience and caution impact my actions. It's not color, it's culture
  • blahblahblah23
    6 months ago
    Ok, I think there are multiple contexts for racism. Random clean cut professional looking person I see- not racist at all. White/mex/asian/black ghetto trash 10/10 absolutely racist. Lmfao If I encounter a mex or black that I can tell clearly hates whites who knows maybe I am so petty to act racist right back? This is a hard question cuz the answer to me really depends a lot on context
  • ilbbaicnl
    6 months ago
    Whatever any particular dictionary may say, racism means different things to different people. If you want to be a real patriot, you have to look at your fellow citizens, and ask, are they getting equal civil rights, and opportunities? Whether or not, you feel like you're not a racist if you don't have or act on prejudice personally. I think the 1-10 rating makes more sense for how much prejudice you have. But prejudice is kind of like a craving. For example, how good your diet is is not just a matter of your cravings, it's also a matter of how much you resist unthinkingly acting on impulses. Saying "everyone's some racist" is often an effort to create a false equivalence. With someone not being admitted to their first choice of university because of DEI, for example, Equating that with Philando Castile not being able to reach for his wallet without being shot, when white people can beat in cops' heads without being shot.
  • skibum609
    6 months ago
    Philanod Castile's shooting was 100% his fault and nothing to do with racism, except to progressives who are the stupidest people on earth. Philando Castile was told 3 times by a n Hispanic police officer (after he told the officer he had a gun) to stop reaching into his pocket. He kept reaching, Three fucking times the stupid motherfucker was told to stop reaching and despite his 37 traffic stops of experience, decided to reach into a pocket after telling the cop he was armed. He died because of Philando Castile and racism played zero part. By the way saying everyone is racist is nothing more than a truth the left is too weak and stupid to accept.
  • ilbbaicnl
    6 months ago
  • wallanon
    6 months ago
    Nah, I feel pretty comfortable saying I'm a 1 and sticking to that. To me it's all situational.
  • bang69
    5 months ago
    Every one has some sort of racist thoughts or feelings.
  • londonguy
    5 months ago
    @ rattdog- put your money on ‘Dusty Carpet’ - it has never been beaten.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion