tuscl

Your perfect backyard

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 3:16 AM
Got a magic wand. Whatever you want. Open your backdoor and that's what it is. I saw an article recently that Chris Chelios was selling his Malibu house. [view link] I was looking at that and to me to have the beach right in your backyard would be awesome. I was at Carmel Beach not too long ago, same thing (although it's the front yard can't really google street view a backyard, whatever same shit) [view link] Let's say for instance the upkeep of everything rusting was not a factor I know that's a pain in the ass living by salt water. Love to hear y'all's ideas.

14 comments

• TheeOSU
    8 months ago
    Great looking place but living on a hillside possibly prone to mudslides in an earthquake zone in nutty california would never be my idea of a perfect home. Definitely waterfront property would be high on my list, but on a freshwater lake as opposed to an ocean.
  • nicespice
    8 months ago
    I’d pick Dragon Land. [view link] No HOA fees. No landscaping. I can just wish upon my stone whenever I wanna go out there. I hope my dog could get used to the dragons.
  • TheeOSU
    8 months ago
    Full disclosure, the edit button is AWOL ATM so..... When I first clicked on your link I saw hillside in malibu, looked at the first couple pics and just posted my immediate thoughts. I still had that link open so I went back and looked through the whole page. That house is amazing, I'd love living there at least for a little while.
  • shadowcat
    8 months ago
    I remember visiting a former co worker that retired and moved to an American colony on Lake Chapala near Guadalajara, Mexico. He related what his builder showed him before starting construction. They visited the sight at night and the builder told him to look out at the direction of the lake and asked what he saw. The answerer was nothing . It was pitch black. The builder then had him turn 90 degrees to one side and he still saw a dark lake but also saw the lights of the nearby village. I grew up on the beach of southern California and looking out at the Pacific at night is nothing but darkness.
  • skibum609
    8 months ago
    I am drinking coffee and looking at the very large Hawk perched on the railing of the deck glaring at me. I like it just fine here.
  • gammanu95
    8 months ago
    I recently went to a retreat in Long Beach, CA. It was the top of a bluff between the Pacific and LA. At night, LA looked like glittering jewels in the valley. It was 5 min drive to the beaches, great food, see Catalina Island during the day. Too bad it's California .
  • shadowcat
    8 months ago
    ^ Long Beach was my home town.
  • iknowbetter
    8 months ago
    From my backyard I see pool, sea wall, dock, Biscayne bay, and the Miami skyline. I’m living in a house that my grandfather built so it’s not quite up to today’s standards or expectations of waterfront Miami real estate, but the view is pretty fucking awesome.
  • groundball
    8 months ago
    ha, I know Chris Chelios' daughter. She's definitely a Chicago girl, not a California one. Good lacrosse player.
  • FishHawk
    8 months ago
    I have been lucky to have lived in 2 houses overlooking water. Once I lived in a house that the backyard went down to a bay off the Gulf of Mexico. I had a pier that went out into the bay. I used to enjoy sitting on the pier with a cold beer in hand and watch the sunset. Or walk down with a cup of coffee in the early morning and watch the bird fishing. During the warmer months I could wade in the bay with a castnet and get fresh mullet for dinner just about anytime I wanted. My nest to last project before I retired was on the Oregon coast. I found a house to rent that was on a bluf overlooking the Pacific Ocean. When I got home from work sitting on the deck watching the waves was a great way to unwind. I don’t regret for a minute living in either place.
  • Muddy
    8 months ago
    Yeah west coast is a little looney. Great to visit maybe not to live though just realistic standpoint. south florida on the beach is cool too, warm water. Love that. Yeah fishhawk Oregon coast water is a little cold up there but if that part of the country ain't the most underrated in America I'll be damned.
  • gammanu95
    8 months ago
    "Warm water. Love that." Um, no. Too fucking warm this aummer. I was in the Keys, Bermuda, Jamaica, South Beach, and Naples beach this summer. Everywhere after mid-July it was like getting into a fucking bath. No, 86-degree is perfect. 101 is too fukking much
  • misterorange
    8 months ago
    I think the topic of this thread was your "perfect" backyard. My perfect backyard would be in the Midwest somewhere, a couple thousand acres. I'd have a ranch, chickens and geese, a stream running through for fishing, woods for hunting. And on the other side, I'd build an exact copy of the Nitro roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure. I'll never get tired of riding that coaster. In one day my kids and I (with the Platinum speed pass) literally rode it 20 times in a row.
  • Huntsman
    8 months ago
    My perfect backyard would have about a five acre open field, some duck ponds, a trout stream and then a lot of woods. Something that excludes the general public. I’ll go out my front door to see the world when I want that. When I’m home I enjoy nature.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion