tuscl

How Did You Do It?

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
YouTube served me any amusing video the other day.

Snow covered cabin in the mountains, sunny morning. Guy shuffles out in heavy robe and fuzzy slippers. Takes a few steps, writes something in the snow with his morning pee. Woman follows him out, looks over his shoulder, “Will you marry me?” written in yellow in the glistening powder. Makes a pissed off face, stomps back into the cabin, slams the door. Icicle falls on the Welcome mat. Segues to a jewelry store commercial.

For those of you that have taken the plunge, how did you propose?

For me, after another night of satisfying fun (about a year and a half in), I woke up, took a deep breath, and proposed in bed (before the morning pee).

4 comments

• gSteph
    10 months ago
    Always wondered what % of guys proposed in bed?
  • Jascoi
    10 months ago
    I wish I never proposed.
  • skibum609
    10 months ago
    I proposed 3 times. The first response was, is this a joke? The second response was, are you serious? the third response was yes, and she got her ring. I always wondered about the provenance of her ring because it looked so much better than rings costing 2-5 times more in the store. When we had it appraised for an insurance rider, it appraised at slightly more than 16x what I paid for it. Legitimate business, but most likely a 'front" in retrospect.
  • iknowbetter
    10 months ago
    @bum
    Was that 3 times with the same woman? Most of the time, the girl only gets one chance to say no.

I proposed twice, but with 2 different girls: 1) my just out of college we didn’t know any better, and 2) my midlife crisis babymama. I do not regret either.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion