tuscl

Media refusing to call it Daylight Savings time

Sunday, November 5, 2023 5:15 PM
We all know the media and major institutions control the public's brains through manipulation and control of the language. Often its obvious and in your face, but many times its so subtle few notice it. A family member mentioned today that the media has stopped referring to "Daylight Savings Time" and now invariably, across channels and networks, refers to it as "Daylight Saving Time" without the "s" on Savings. Even I hadn't noticed this, and I'm constantly monitoring the mainstream media for bias and attempts to brainwash viewers. I bet over 99% of the public hadn't even noticed this strange change in media phraseology. I'm still trying to figure out what the ulterior motive is for the MSM to do this, but I guarandamntee you its sinister in some way. They never just make a change like this without an evil ulterior motive.

20 comments

• Dave_Anderson
    9 months ago
    I'm sure someone will attempt to excuse this by claiming that "it was originally called Daylight Saving Time" and "that's the correct term for it," blah, blah, blah. Sorry, while I don't know if that's true, even if it were, for generations the common person referred to it as Daylight Savings time not Daylight Saving time. Precedent matters. Common usage over many decades becomes standardized even if it differs from some alleged "proper" whatever. So save it "smart guy." You're still wrong. Yes, the media is conspiring. Nobody cares about you defending or legitimizing the media bastards.
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    Does it matter? Not being sarcastic, just wondering?
  • gSteph
    9 months ago
    Oh, thank goodness, for Dave and his constant monitoring. Just, thank goodness.
  • Dave_Anderson
    9 months ago
    If you dig into this I would bet money the Ass-sociated press or a similar organization came up with this change. Screw the Ass-ociated Press and its totalitarian "Style Guide." Who died and made them unelected arbiters of our language?
  • gSteph
    9 months ago
    Dig, Dave, dig
  • datinman
    9 months ago
    Yeah, these are the same bastards trying to change safety deposit box to safe deposit box! smh
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 months ago
    And the winner of the 2023 "Desperate Cry for a Blowjob" award goes to... Anyway, I still half believe that your posts here are part of some weird, avant-garde performance art. Because, if this is reall how you are then I'm so sorry for whoever puts up with your glistening-in-crazy-sauce bullshit at Thanksgiving dinner.
  • azdd
    9 months ago
    I live in Arizona, which means IDGAF!
  • rickmacrodong
    9 months ago
    I dont understand , why would changing it from savings to saving mean anything secret. Couldnt it also just be a typo
  • twentyfive
    9 months ago
    Hey Dave the shortage is over, aluminum foil is more available and even cheaper than before. Stock up, line your ball caps with the stuff, so you’ll get some relief
  • motorhead
    9 months ago
    I still say RBI’s and no one is going to stop me.
  • 5footguy
    9 months ago
    I'm not sure if this is parody or not. If it is, good job. It's always been "Daylight Saving Time" (well, many, many years at least) and those adding an 'S' to "Saving" have been saying the wrong thing for many years.
  • Brahma2k
    9 months ago
    There’s numerous issues we’re facing including a main media that is far too influenced by government. Them calling it daylight “saving” time isn’t one of them. It isn’t even a worthy topic within the very discussion of DST or changing the clock twice a year. For example, a discussion on why the sens/reps from other states won’t ok Florida keeping DST all year instead of the normal nationwide 8 months of it. We are mostly substantially south of the California-Mexico border. A geographical area that far south does not need to change the clock to accommodate winter sun around the 9-5 schedule.
  • skibum609
    9 months ago
    Calling is "savings" is racist; Islamophobic; misogynistic; homophobic; trans phobic and, and, and.....
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    OP is triggered easily. I saw many publications this weekend calling it daylight savings time with an “s”. Even the double “s” calling it daylights savings time ran across my view.
  • woodstock
    9 months ago
    When someone takes a stand against the infamous "ATM machine" travesty, I will gladly cheer our biased media.
  • motorhead
    9 months ago
    Isn’t it called “Summer Time” in the UK. I like that even better. The Brits don’t often get it right - except for giving us the Stones, Eric Burdon and of course, Lemmy - but they nailed it with Summer Time.
  • TheeOSU
    9 months ago
    'OP is triggered easily.' No doubt, he totally freaked the first time he saw my bug avatar. LMAO
  • rickmacrodong
    9 months ago
    So the thing is they dont want to use the term “savings” because they dont want people thinking about their finances, bank accounts, or savings accounts. Because of the state of the economy and other issues. Thats why all the media outlets specifically changed it from savings to saving. It doesnt trigger the same thoughts as savings. They dont want people thinking about the poor economy or their bank accounts in these tough times
  • deepthinker
    8 months ago
    Nothing changed. It was always Daylight Saving Time but people are careless about adding "S" to words. A prime example is the grocery store, Aldi. People like to call it Aldi's. Same for Nordstroms, Krogers, Eckerds, JC Penneys, Meijer’s, and Barnes & Nobles. Of note, Papa Johns recently deleted their apostrophe but they still have the "s".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion