tuscl

ATL notes - Vivide & Diamond

schmoe31415
Whatever
Wednesday, August 30, 2023 6:18 AM
Atlanta clubs get a ton of reviews, and my experience largely follows what others have reported. Rather than write yet more complete yet redundant reviews, I'll just leave a few notes on recent visits to Vivide and Diamond Club.

Vivide continues to be reliable. Dances are cheap at $10/song, and have lots of grind and touching. There are many dancers, many of which are attractive with a couple head-turners. It's a great place if you like sampling variety. And the VIP dances (generally $200+$60 for 30 minutes) offer an intense experience. It was too hot one day, but Atlanta in general was sort of melting so I forgive their A/C for not keeping up. My second visit of the trip was better, temperature wise. There's a decent Mexican restaurant down the block, which is a nice layover after a club visit while waiting for traffic to abate somewhat.

Diamond Club is a bit smaller than Vivide, without the high ceiling of multiple levels and narrower. It also had fewer dancers. I had a good time here my previous time in Atlanta. This visit was not as good. The dancers were incredibly aggressive. One tried to grab me as I walked in, then followed me into the men's room before camping outside to grab me for a dance. She was cute enough and, like Vivide, the dances are only $10/song, but it was a bit much. Other dancers were similarly pushy. One got a dance then sort of demanded I get one from her friend too.

The worst was a dancer that told me she charged $20/song after I'd done two songs and tried to give her $20. I told her you have to say that sort of thing up front when everyone is charging something else. And of course there's a sign on the wall that says explicitly that dances are $10/song. She just sort of stared at me. I should have brushed her off, but I'm constitutionally disposed to avoid drama or conflict, so I paid her the extra $20 and walked away. The encounter soured my visit somewhat. I found fewer dancers I was interested in compared to my previous visit.

The final straw was when the DJ turned up the already very loud music up to a deafening level. It was just 6pm, not a big party time, and the club was not full of hopped up people. It was so loud I could not hear myself yell. I couldn't take it and left. None of the people there are going to have their hearing for long. I may return, but I'll bring ear plugs.

5 comments

• shadowcat
    a year ago
    The 2 clubs have the same owner. There have been a couple of times in the last few years that Vivide was closed for movie shootings. During those days Instagram advised the Vivide dancers and other staff to use the Diamond Club.
  • FLAP3000
    a year ago
    Never overpay for dances. Never feel guilted into paying more just because one random dancer has GPS and tries to upcharge AFTER the dances.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    What’s the name of Mexican restaurant close to Vivide?
  • schmoe31415
    a year ago
    It's Agavero Cantina. Around the corner and down the street about a five minute walk from Vivide.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    Thanks. I like Mexican. I'll have to check it out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion