tuscl

Top 40

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:55 PM
I was looking over the new ratings. I think it's cool that I can drive 40 minutes to #11 Flight Club and then drive a half hour over to #8 Coliseum. Which is exactly what I did last Friday afternoon. You gotta love Michigan. Anyway, I think the new ratings are much better. Thanks Founder!

10 comments

• godfatherstill
    16 years ago
    What caused the ratings to change so much? Two of the best clubs in my area (Lodge in Dallas and Treasures in Houston) were both in the top 10 but have fallen to 16 and 18. What caused them to drop so far?
  • MIDancer
    16 years ago
    The Coliseum is a beautiful club, and a pleasant one to work at. However, I was a bigger fan of Trumpp's while still working in the Detroit circuit.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Once in a while founder cleans house and deletes reviews that are more than "say 3 years old". A few years he cleaned house. At the time I was rated as the member with the 5th most reviews. After the cleaning, I dropped to number 8. That is maybe what is happening now.
  • Georgewalker
    16 years ago
    hey don't be stealing my top 40 rating.... I am #5 in the country. lol. In fact, I am heading one of my ATF's... the flight club for a 2 day trip! I noticed the discussion about the coliseum. how does it compare to FC? and how far from FC? Michigan is sooo underrated for Titty bars. I love it here!
  • CarolinaWanderer
    16 years ago
    My understanding is the Founder changed the calculation to reuce the impact of club shills. Some clubs may have moved up or down, but the list is not polluted by the shills.
  • Philip A. Stein
    16 years ago
    Geo., the Coliseum and FC are both pretty awesome. Both are huge with lots of dancers. FC is maybe a little nice inside as far as appearance goes. FC has a lot of boob jobs and Coliseum is more natural. I think Coliseum is a little more girl-next-door. It's 15 minutes further for me to drive to Coliseum but I would probably choose it over FC but that's me. It's little over a half hour drive between the two clubs.
  • founder
    16 years ago
    I would say that if a club is on the Top 40 at all, it should be a rockin good time :)
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    I've been to 11 of the clubs on the revised Top 40, and they were "rockin' good". However, we all know Adelita is a different kind of place, more like the cocktail lounge for a whorehouse. Also, I think there are regional differences in what consititutes a great club. A couple of clubs in Massachusetts are very highly rated, but I think that is because most clubs in MA are low mileage, so a decent club looks great in comparison. The same cannot be said of clubs in FL or TX, where generally high mileage means a Top 40 club is very good indeed. Only Founder knows for sure, but if the new formula eliminates some of the bias from the "one hit wonders" or "shills", that is great!
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    It looks like all reviews before 2006 were removed. Might as well, because clubs change a lot in that time.
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    At one point I was the number 1 reviewer on this site. Almost 200 reviews. Then they were all gone. never found out why.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion