tuscl

Planning a Detroit trip

I'm bit new to this whole scene and would appreciate a little advice here. In a few weeks I'm planning on taking my first trip from the western edge of Michigan out to Detroit. I've been going to the clubs out around this part of the state on and off for a few years but only after joining this site a while ago have I heard about how much better things are out east. Problem is I don't know which clubs I should be hitting.

You can find hot girls and good atmosphere without problem in places like Kalamazoo, so I'm interested in the things I'm not getting out here. High Mileage hands-on LDs for example. Or extras, I've never gotten an extra before. I didn't really even realize they were on option.

From what I hear The Flight Club sounds great but a tad pricey. Where would you guys go if you around $300-$350 to spend and wanted to really stretch it out and get the most band for your buck?

And I remember reading something on these boards about a midwest member meet in Detroit sometimes this summer. I think that would be awesome and I'm down if anything ends up happening.

9 comments

• pushin50
    17 years ago
    It depends on where in the Detroit area you will be staying, if you have transportation, drink alcohol or not, etc. Fill us in on your general travel plans and it will be easier to narrow down your list.

• jgb133
    17 years ago
    If you stay out by the airport you have three clubs to choose from: Playhouse, Landing Strip, and the Flight Club. Flight Club nails you with petty stuff to get in but after that you should enjoy yourself.
  • Grennx
    17 years ago
    I'm driving out to detroit from the Grand Rapids area. So I'm pretty much willing to travel anywhere in the city. Alcohol really isn't a consideration. I'll drink it if its there and I wont miss it if its not.

I'm not sure I'm too hot on the Flight Club's $25 dance prices. $300 could disappear pretty quick that way, especially if your tipping the girls extra or being asked to buy $8 drinks for yourself or them. Is it really worth the extra money? Bogart's is right down the street and seems to be pretty good reviews/reports of high-mileage.
  • Grennx
    17 years ago
    I'm also wondering exactly what you could typically expect at The Flight Club. I'd appreciate a pm if it's something not comfortably discussed in the public forum.
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    Ok, here's what you can expect at the clubs out by the airport.

Flight Club is a bit pricey, but girl quality and dance quality are very good. If you go on a busy night, you may find yourself competing, and the girls will not be giving their best dances.

Landing Strip seems to have gone downhill. Many reviewers complain of lower mileage dances and some attitude problems.

PLayhouse was my upscale favorite a little while back. Again, a bit pricey, but the atmosphere is relaxed, the food is actually good, the girls will sit and converse, and the dance mileage was excellent.

Bogarts and Henry the VIII are similar. They are basically dumps with ok girls and high mileage dances. Your dollar will go farther there. Girl qulaity is a notch or two lower than the upscale places, naturally, so you have to be patient and selective.

Finally, for all around nastiness and mileage, you could venture down to Henry the VIII South in Southgate. I have been there recently. Girl quality is uneven (one of the regular girls is scary). Pay $10, go into dark dance room, negotiate.

Well, have fun!

• MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Looks from the reviews in the area that Windsor, Ontario is to be avoided...air dances or little to no contact dances...too bad.
  • Philip A. Stein
    17 years ago
    I'd throw two more clubs in. Subi's Place is a little spendy but lots of girls, many top notch. There's another member here that touts The Coliseum highly. I haven't been there, yet.

There are a couple of us kicking around a Detroit SC crawl. Our plan is for Friday night, July 25th, to hit Flight Club and the Saturday night is open. Subi's Place and Coliseum are being considered. Penthouse Club might be open by then so that's an option as well.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I have had VERY good luck at Henry the VII and Bogarts. Also, it's been a few years, but I believe it was on Tues nights that they have the $10 dances, which improves the bang for the buck ratio.

Although for the most part, dancer quality is lower at these places, and the atmosphere is certainly less upscale. I've had better times there, than at the more upscale places.

My biggest complaint - especially at Henry's is the waitresses. If you aren't buying drinks often, they will hound you (and berate you) until you buy another drink. There's no nursing a drink very long. And when it's $7-ish for a beer, that's bull shit.

On the positive, there ARE still some hot girls, and usually they are very accommodating. One of the hottest looking (and acting) dancers that I've ever been with happened to be at Henry's, and I still have some very fond memories of her and that night.
  • texaholic
    17 years ago
    Yes it is true that the Flight Club will nickel and dime you all day/night. But...

How will you do if you walk in there on a slow day with $350 in cash? Be selective and you can get plenty of extra action for those billss from some pretty hot dancers.

To clarify, if it's a crowded Sat night, forget it. Just like my Econ Professor used to tell me - Mannnnnn, it's all simple Supply & Demand. Pick an especially icy, snowy, cold, nasty Motor City afternoon, pay the $5 mandatory valet, and then just keep your eye out for high heat and just start swingin' for the fence.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion