tuscl

Club shills

Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:35 AM
Here we go again. Shills have invaded the review board, this time on behalf of some club called Mile High in Vegas. Four reviews in the last week, all 10s. Feeling like going on the board and writing a crappy review and rating it a one. Not that shills ever read the discussion board, but guys, try not to be so obvious. Everyone can see through 4 consecutive 10 ratings...

9 comments

• arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    I noticed the Mile High reviews and thought, oh shit somebody has put somebody else up to a bunch of fake reviews. Part of the charm of this website is the Founders warning, on the bottom of the screen: All reviews and comments on this site shold be considered works of fiction. I always keep that in mind when I am reading reviews. However, I know that amongst the fiction (there's plenty of fiction) there are also many many gems of absolute truthfulness. Bones, Shadowcat, NJSCFan among many other colleagues, I would pretty much believe whatever they have to say. As I said the other day -- if the review is very positive, very general, and sounds like a paid ad, and especially if it is his/her only review, it is most likely a shill. Reading phony reviews is just part of the cost of doing business on this site.
  • lotsoffun201
    16 years ago
    Having been to Mile High in Las Vegas (I live close to it), I can tell you it is as dead as hell, had 3 differfent names, and is nearly impossible to find. Other than that, it's a great club. Maybe that's why I didn't waste my time posting a review.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    I wish like hell there was a way to police this. These people obviously copied the "Hot Lap Dance / Premium Events" method for upping a club's ratings. Too bad there are so mant dishonest douchebags out there.
  • founder
    16 years ago
    I think Hot Lap Dance has quite a few reviews from credible members. As for Mile High Club, I think that's the beauty of this website... you guys can tell instantly if it's being pumped up by fake reviews. We're watching the situation somewhat closely :)
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Just take a look at the user info for those reviews. All joined the day of posting and all but one have no other reviews. The one that does, a "3" on the other club. DUH!
  • Raincoat
    16 years ago
    Would it be possible to use weighted averages that give more weight to senior members?
  • founder
    16 years ago
    I am really close to a formula... give me a few days ;)
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    OK, founder, your clock is ticking! tick tock tick tock tick tock... LOL :)
  • founder
    16 years ago
    ok, I fixed it up... let me know if you see anything funky
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion