tuscl

Key West, Florida?

Doug
Texas
Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:33 AM
I will be in Key West, Florida in early July with some people I work with, male and female. Anybody have any recent information about the clubs there (i.e., mileage, take-out, etc.). It's a pretty crazy city as I recall. I was there a number of years ago and there was a club away from the main street that wasn't bad. Any information would be appreciated.

9 comments

• wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Scrub Club!!!
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    of the one you mentioned was Teasers which has since moved to Duval st
  • Tucker40
    16 years ago
    Haven't been to the Duval Teasers, have been to Bare Assets, which is roughly where the old Teasers was (unless it's gone too). Mileage is a relative thing. In club, it's typical of clubs where there's basically no privacy. Girls there do vary. Twice, I've run into dancers who worked clubs up in Tampa, one of which turned out to live a couple doors down from a friend's place, where I was crashing. Read questionable things about the "Scrub Club" but since I've never actually been inside, can't comment.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Scrub club isnt a strip club Its weird like an ongoin orgy. But he asked for milage cant get any more than that.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Well, I am not a real recent authority, but I have been to Key West many times. Remember that what is said about almost any club, location, whatever, could change with every visit. Sorry, wondergrl5, but I would stay away from the Scrub Club. I went once, a rip off. And that is what I heard from many others. My favorite was the "old" Teasers (gone) on Truman Ave, as it is now on Duval St, and having been to both, I would say it has gone down hill. The Red Garter on Duval was hit and miss, but could be very good. Bare Assets, which shared a building with the old Teasers, was not very good beside Teasers, but has improved, and the one club likely to have the highest mileage, although dancers not up to the same level as the Duval clubs mentioned. As for OTC, only once did the topic come up for me, but then, that was never something I tried to obtain. Only one dancer mentioned OTC, but she knew me from many visits and was a favorite of mine. We did meet for lunch, but nothing more. Sorry I could not be more helpful, but good luck and enjoy!
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Clubber never said it was great just an interesting stop. Teasers isnt the same since the old one is gone but hey Im in florida right now so Ill stop in. Personally Im not fon of the clubs in Key west cause they arent really necessary for a good time that town is fun in itsself. There are a couple places that could entertain you for hours. Duval is for tourists so ive usually stayed away. I prefer to hit up local places since I was raised in Florida. Try the other keys as well there are tons of spots to explore.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    oh yeah and Scrub club has a weird entrance fee. I keep forgetting you men pay more then women at some of these club. And YES it is questionable but hey whats life without some experimentation right?
  • driver01
    16 years ago
    As some may recall, I am a long time- part time Key West resident. With all due respect to our beloved wondergrl5... Avoid the SCRUB CLUB at all costs. It's a tourist trap aimed at out of towners used to the jack shacks found in places like Tampa, Miami, Atlanta, etc. But it does not deliver. As a semi-local, I can tell you that it is 100% in business to lure the tourists that don't know better. Now you know better. There are a couple of strip clubs down there where you can have a good time. Unlike say Tampa, the nude clubs can have full liquor bars. Teasers, right on Duval, is worth a visit. Inside you'll find 12-25 dancers(depending on the night of the week). I have found them to be low pressure, mostly attractive and a lot of fun. No extras in the club but good contact dances. On my last visit there were several girls who hail from Argentina and all I can say about that is WOW....I won't re-review all the clubs but check the review section and you'll get an idea of what to expect at the various spots. All are within walking distance of each other. One word of caution, there are gay clubs along Duval starting around the 800 block. Sometimes there are some scantily clad "ladies" hanging around out front and if you have imbibed a bit too much you might find yourself stuffing $$ into g-strings that house more than you bargained for...lol It's not as wild and crazy as it was 12-15 years ago- the "extras" so many here are fond of are generally not to be had in these clubs. But if good contact all nude dances work for you, you'll have a good time. Many of the dancers are transients. Girls come in from all over(a lot from miami) to spend a few weeks or a month working in the clubs and playing in the Keys. So the atmosphere is a bit different than I typically find in other places. Most of the patrons are on vacation, relaxed and there to have a good time. As a result, you may see more women and or couples than you tend to find elsewhere. Yes, I have "heard"(lol) that OTC activity does occur. I could write a chapter on OTC activity down here but that is for another day.
  • Doug
    16 years ago
    Thank you for some of the thoughts and advice. Driver01 seems to have a pretty good handle on the clubs in Key West. I interpret his comments to be mostly positive about the clubs there. I'm looking forward to going. I'm sure I'll hit all the clubs, except the scrub club. Any other comments are still welcome, of course.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion