tuscl

NFL Draft 2023

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Sunday, April 23, 2023 10:41 PM
The NFL Draft is later this week. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Teams have spent months researching, testing and interviewing prospects. Will a 5-10, 190 lb QB that has a history of getting hurt really be the #1 pick ? How far will CJ Stroud fall now that everyone knows that he's not too smart ? ( Sorry TheeOSU ) How many Alabama players will be drafted this year ? Will your team get what they want ? Will you watch it ? Are you getting real tired of listening to Mel Kiper ? Will Aaron Rodgers actually get traded before the draft ?

29 comments

• motorhead
    a year ago
    Jalen Carter will forever be the poster boy in years to come for how to sabotage your own career. Six months ago he was projected to be the number one pick in the draft. Now, I’ve seen him drop to as low as the #9 pick. From his strip club outing and that mess to his showing up at Georgia pro day fat and out of shape, an unbelievably talented athlete proved he doesn’t have the common sense to match his athletic abilities
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    I grew up a Bears but stopped caring when they gave away their Number 1 pick
  • TheeOSU
    a year ago
    'How far will CJ Stroud fall now that everyone knows that he's not too smart ? ( Sorry TheeOSU )' Lol, he's not my kid, they can say whatever they want about him. Just keep in mind that this is the season of misinformation, except sometimes for the actual #1 pick, teams normally won't reveal who they're truly interested in. My thoughts are I have reservations about any of the QBs being worthy of a #1 pick but a qb is the most important position in sports so teams reach for them. Ask a real man like scrub about his thoughts regarding anyone 5'10" especially a qb, huh? ok scrub that, I don't think he will answer. lol. Being a Browns follower I normally watch the draft from start to finish like it's our superbowl but except for a few exceptions they never pick who I want them to and they have a long history of blowing the picks they do choose. Add to that this year they don't have a pick until the 3rd round and I will be extremely busy with work most of Friday and Saturday so I will miss most of the draft but I will still try to catch a few minutes near the end. I haven't had pay tv for years so I won't be seeing/hearing Mel either way.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    I'll watch picks roll in from the gym or ESPN, but I'm not going to watch it. It's the most fascinating "sporting event" of the year because I love the strategy behind it. It's a giant game of poker between GMs. Of course all the analysts are going to dissect everything and make stories where there aren't any, because that generates interest and therefore money for the network. I think the top 4 picks will all be QBs. Someone is going to trade with Arizona for #3. And teams talk themselves into 1st round QB reaches all the time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I've lost a bit of interest in the Draft - pre-Covid I really used to look forward to it. I don't recall when they switched it to Vegas but the one in Vegas a year or two ago where the players were hanging in sofas like it was a club I didn't like that format. The last year or 2 I've only watched a bit then switched to something else and just followed the picks on the internet - in the last few years I tended to listen to a fair-amount of sports-radio where they would talk-a-lot about the Draft and there wasn't the same amount of anticipation by the time the Draft came around.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    My fave NFL team is the Cowboys and fave College team is the Hurricanes - they've both been mediocre at best for a long-time which perhaps may be why I've lost some interest in football. I've actually been enjoying watching the Dolphins more as of late (Tua seems like a good-guy I like rooting for - I hope he can become a great QB but it's looking iffy).
  • mark94
    a year ago
    As a Vikings fan, there are several ways they can go about finding a franchise QB. Trade for Trey Lance ? Move way up in 2023 ? Take a chance at a late 1st rounder ? Wait until 2024 ? The decision will determine the Vikings’ record for several years. I enjoy the strategy, gamesmanship, and secrecy.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    I'm watching to see if the Giants can pick up a receiver or two to take the pressure off Barkley, also I hope they keep building on last seasons success, I think an outside linebacker would give them some real cred. I hope they can come to terms with Barkley, and I think signing Daniel Jones to a long term deal was a good move.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Rodgers to Jets is a done deal
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    ^ And holy crap, they gave up a lot to get him too. A 1st, a 2nd and maybe another 2nd ??? Is a 38 year old Rodgers worth that ???
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I don't think Rodgers has declined - IMO he's a proven HOF QB and IMO still pretty-much at the top-of-his-game - franchise QBs def don't-grow-on-trees; how many 1st-rounders don't pan-out even as starting-QBs let-alone a franchise-QB - sure Rodgers is a bit "eccentric" but IMO he's still as talented as anyone plus a shitload of experience - IMO it would be riskier trying to go with a "talented college QB" unless it's a total-crap-team in rebuild-mode which IMO the Jets are not.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I'm not necessarily a Jets-fan but I'm not a Jets-hater either so I'm kinda looking-forward to watching a Rodgers' Jets team
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    Jets should actually be fun to watch again for the first time since the Rex Ryan years
  • TheSingularity
    a year ago
    Didn't Mel Kiper say he'd retire if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a pro bowl QB? Tired of him
  • JamesSD
    a year ago
    I'm a Vikings fan and I'm upset at how much the Packers got for him. Sure, this year they likely will be bad, but those two high picks will help them rebuild fast. Jets basically got a one year rental. Rodgers can still play but he's old, Don't expect 2021 Rodgers to come back. I think he will be motivated to try to win this year but you know the minute he stops having fun he will phone it in. I don't see the Jets as a contender with him.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    This year the S2 Cognitive test replaced the Wonderlic test at the NFL combine. The old Wonderlic tested traditional areas such as math and vocabulary. Which I admit probably didn’t have that much to do with football ability. They probably dropped it because it was racist. The new test is interesting because it tests deciding making ability in football like situations. CJ Stroud scored a horrible 18% Will be interesting to see if that impacts his draft order. I’ve see sample Wonderlic questions and they seem pretty easy to me except the time limit on the test could be the killer
  • TheeOSU
    a year ago
    Trade wise I don't think the jets gave up much to get Rodgers. I believe the first pick this year is a swap where the pack moves up 2 spots and the jets move down 2 spots. The real cost is Rodger's 60mil salary this year.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    @warrior “^ And holy crap, they gave up a lot to get him too. A 1st, a 2nd and maybe another 2nd ??? Is a 38 year old Rodgers worth that ???” They got back the packers 1st this year, which was only two spots lower than theirs. They essentially gave up a 2 this year and a 2 next year, that could convert to a 1. Also, I don’t have it in front of me, but Rodgers’s cap numbers are VERY friendly the next two years so they can add more pieces. This was a great deal for the jets.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Sorry, I responded to warrior before seeing Ohio’s response. Seconded.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Sorry again for third post. I feel like Papi. Rodgers’ cap hit to the Jets this year is $15.9mm. [view link]
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    Yeah, I didn't know the entire deal when I posted that. I think the Packers still got the best end of the trade. Rodgers will probably be fairly good this year. But after that, I'm not so sure. He is a drama queen.
  • rockie
    a year ago
    I've followed the NFL Draft since the early 70's. I'd prefer it to still be an all in 1 day affair like in the past. I'd also prefer that there was a 2 week moratorium on keeping to the salary cap in this period of time and thus all transaction (trades) could and would happen in real time. The NFL Draft was always a personal day, comp day, or vacation day for me in my working life. In it's current format, I recorded all 3 days and watch half of day 1, one third of day 2, and keep an eye on the Patriots moves on Day 3.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    I generally don't watch the draft because they have stretched it out too much to sell it as an event, but I do follow along with one of the sports apps on my phone. I'm hoping the Bengals can get some quality guys for the secondary but I don't think their will be anyone that will be a good fit there when they draft late in the 1st. Gonzalez (Oregon) and Witherspoon (Illinois) will likely go in the top 10 and Porter (Penn St) will likely go in the middle of the first round so that would leave Forbes (Miss St) as the best option left and I don't know that he is worth a 1st round pick but could be an option. The Bengals will more likely go with a TE like Mayer (Notre Dame) or Kincaid (Utah) to fill the need there with someone who can block well and provide a reliable big target in the red zone. They could also go with an O-lineman since that is always a need for us. Maybe we can get lucky and Johnson (Ohio St) or Wright (Tennessee) might be drop down and be available but I doubt it. I've also seen a few draft boards showing Smith-Njigba (Ohio St) dropping and still available when the Bengals pick. While that would be good because he is an amazing talent, we have one of the best WR corps in the NFL so it isn't a need right now. It would give us a good option down the road though if we can't afford to keep both Higgins and Boyd after the amount we will need to spend on Burrow and Chase soon. We could also use a RB but other than Robinson (Texas) I don't see any RB worth a 1st round pick and there is no way he falls nearly enough for us to get him.
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    Two running backs in the first 12 picks. I thought the rule was don't draft RBs high ?
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Robinson made sense as a top 10 pick at RB but Gibbs was a heck of a stretch for the 1st round let alone at number 12.
  • datinman
    a year ago
    The NFL schedule is out and Holy Shit! if you're a JETS fan. Toughest early schedule in the NFL. Week 1: Sept. 11 vs. Buffalo Bills, 8:15 p.m., ESPN (Monday Night Football) Week 2: Sept. 17 at Dallas Cowboys Week 3: Sept. 24 vs. New England Patriots Week 4: Oct. 1 vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 8:20 p.m., NBC (Sunday Night Football) Week 5: Oct. 8 at Denver Broncos Week 6: Oct. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 7: Bye Week 8: Oct. 29 at Giants Week 9: Nov. 6 vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 8:15 p.m., ESPN (Monday Night Football) Week 10: Nov. 12 at Las Vegas Raiders, 8:20 p.m., NBC (Sunday Night Football) Week 11: Nov. 19 at Buffalo Bills Week 12: Nov. 24 vs. Miami Dolphins, It's not hard to imagine them starting the season at 2 and 6. Now given they lose a first rounder next year if Rodgers plays in 11 games, what do you think it would take record wise for them to bench the prima donna?
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    Seeing Rodgers get benched would be kinda funny. But I've watched the NFL long enough to know that a team's strength can go up and down from year to year. So based on last year's records, that schedule looks pretty tough. But are those teams as good this year ? We'll see. I do think #12 will be moderately successful in New York. But I do not think that he will have the same impact as Brady going to Tampa. Rodgers is not the leader that Brady was. And other FA's are not flocking to NY to play with the Jets right now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I’m a lifelong Cowboys fan but also liked watching the Jets of the 80s (Freeman Mcneil; Wesley Walker; etc) – it’s been a long-time since I’ve had a reason to wanna watch Jets’ games but I will this season; I’m intrigued to see how they do w/ Rodgers at-the-helm – I thing Rodgers is an elite-QB but not uncommon to see athletes hit-a-wall and go from great to bad in a short period of time – IDK if Rodgers still has what it takes to be great, I think he does but it remains to be seen.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    My Giants seem to have improved dramatically with this draft, picked up a couple of good receivers to take some of the pressure off Barkley, also a center who looks to be an immediate starter, the NFC East is going to be a tough slog this season with Philly, Dallas, and now the Giants all appearing to be strong teams. NYC fans are getting a treat as well the Jets look to be better than they’ve been in years, looking forward to the 23-24 season. Should be an interesting one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion