tuscl

Discussion Topics and PM post date & times

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Hey guys, I am working on the post date/time problem. I am now storing the dates in GMT, so you may see some wacky jumps in time. Going forward, I will be adding a way to set your personal time zone so you should start seeing dates/times in your local time.

have fun

13 comments

• DougS
    17 years ago
    Founder: Excellent news! Thanks! Of course everyone will need to select their own time zone, but perhaps in the beginning, everyone's personal time zone could be defaulted to Eastern, since I think most members that I've communicated with on TUSCL are in that time zone. Or, maybe it would be less confusing to default everyone to Zulu/GMT (offset of 0).
  • founder
    17 years ago
    ok, now times are shown in GMT -5. Eastern US time. As soon as I can figure it out, I will give you the ability to change your time zone on MyPage.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    Three cheers for founder!
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I think more than three cheers is in order!!! this is great! I am experiencing a big improvement already... its making it MUCH easier to determine what threads I need to read.

THANKS!
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Thanks for fixing that. I was never interested in calculating what the actual time was even though it showed some time over in Great Britain I thought.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    DougS is correct. Many many cheers for founder. And he is also correct in how quickly the improvement worked!
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Founder, one other suggested improvement - maybe I'm the only one dumb enough to do this regularly but I've had to rewrite dozens of posts because I accidently clicked on "Back to Discussion Board" when I meant to hit "Post It." It would be great to have a warning pop up that says "Are you sure you want to go back to the discussion board?" when you've entered some text in this box but not hit "Post It." And I almost just did it again.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    FONDL: I typically use the "back" arrow, to go back to the discussion board. I know, that's not what the programmer wants you to do, but hey, old habits! However, if you "back arrow" and realize you didn't POST, you can usually "forward arrow" and not lose what you had typed. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, but I think USUALLY it does work. (see, I guess that means you are not the only one doing that!)
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    No pop-ups please...
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    FONDL,

Just put some white out over the [Back To Discussion Board] link.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    DougS, I've tried that and haven't had any success with it, usually the message I typed is gone. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. The funny thing is that the only times I forget to "post it" are when I've usually spent a lot of time writing something really long. Maybe I should just stop ding that.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    FONDL: Are you using IE or FireFox? I believe FireFox is a little more forgiving. Also, another great advantge with FireFox is that it underlines misspelled words. Plus, if your system crashes - of FireFox takes a dump, the next time you start FireFox up, it will allow you to recover from where you left off. That happened to me yesterday, after partially typing another of my rambling posts, my computer rebooted. I was pissing and moaning about losing what I'd typed until I re-starter FireFox and I saw that I didn't lose ANYTHING! Way cool!
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    DougS, I don't have any idea what you're talking about. I bought a laptop computer with MSN software already installed and I know just enough about it to do the few simple things that I want to do. I have no interest in understanding anything beyond that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion