tuscl
Cadillac Lounge
361 Charles St Providence, RI 02904

Providence 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, November 19, 2022 8:50 PM
Providence Police are investigating a deadly stabling outside of a Providence strip club overnight. About Incident Shortly before 1 AM Saturday morning, Providence police responded to Cadillac Lounge at 361 Charles Street for a report of a disturbance. Police were informed that a stabbing victim was being taken in a car to Rhode Island Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. According to police, the victim — aged 26 — was with friends at the establishment when a confrontation took place in the parking lot and the stabbing occurred. Police say the victim and his friends came to Providence from Massachusetts. Detectives are currently investigating. There is an emergency Board of Licenses hearing at 11 AM on Saturday to take up Cadillac Lounge’s licenses.

18 comments

• crosscheck
    2 years ago
    Lovely. Haven't been there since pre-COVID. Not the type of thing that encourages me to go back...
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    They keep horses at the Cadillac Lounge, I didn't know stabling could be deadly LOL
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    BOL shut them down for 72 hours. Investigation ongoing. That used to be my go-to place, but I haven't gone in years. I know I'm dating myself, but I used to have a lot of fun at the Satin Doll when Shappy owned that club.
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    Is there any evidence that the club caused or was negligent in the parking lot altercation? Or would this type of shut down only occur after a pattern of murders and altercations at a business? Do we close down a bank branch (or a Dollar General store) that has experienced a robbery? What if it experiences a series of robberies? Do we close down an apartment complex if one of its residents is murdered? I don't see the logic. Am I missing something?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I don't know about other cities, but in Providence whenever there's an incident like this outside of any club or bar, they most often shut it down temporarily and the BOL holds a hearing. This is to evaluate whether or not the establishment is doing enough to mitigate these incidents, or if the management / owners are fostering an environment where this will happen again. It also sends out a signal to all other bars and clubs that they need to take measures to prevent this type of violence wherever possible, or there will be consequences. For all we know, the club might be somehow liable or complicit in the killing that took place. None of the news stories have gone into that kind of detail because it's an ongoing investigation. I'm okay with the BOL taking these actions. I'm rarely at the club at the times when these incidents happen, but I definitely would prefer to not be collateral damage if something happens when I'm walking to my car.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ What is the BOL and what do they have to do with stables 🤔
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    Thanks for the explanation Ishmael. It still seems like a strange system that selectively targets strip clubs and bars.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    BOL = Board of Licensing I guess that it does selectively target clubs and bars, but that's also where this type of violence often occurs. If this sort of thing starts to become more common outside of sandwich shops and coffee houses, then I would expect they'd also get more scrutiny and oversight.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Not dating yourself Ish, I was at the Satin Doll many, many times. Saw Bush IIs inauguration on TV there lol. The board of licensing is a reminder from the book 1984 as to how Progressive's govern. If someone was shot in the parking lot of a theater, restaurant etc. or if 5 people were shot, they'd be open.
  • From978
    2 years ago
    Hi, Skibum. Am I understanding you to say that progressives are over-regulating Providence clubs with regard to violence? I assume the anti-progressives would say they were being under-regulated with regard to sex.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I am saying they specifically go after strip clubs and ignore similar conduct in other areas. The progressives go after them because of the sex. Not sure why this was so hard to understand.
  • From978
    2 years ago
    Well, my point is that nobody is actually regulating the sex. I think if Mike Pence could somehow get a job with the licensing board, the headline would not be, "Strip Clubs Deregulated."
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^Shove your fake profile up your ass.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I don't believe that the the city or the state targets strip clubs more than other night spots. The most obvious indication of this is that Providence continues to have some of the highest mileage clubs in the northeast. If the local government wanted to target strip clubs, they could without much fuss. Similar to how they targeted AMPs several years ago (which is fine by me). Fortunately, there aren't a massive number of similar incidents to compare in the last few years, but a quick headline search shows that the BOL shut down both the Fuego Lounge and Club Revel (not strip clubs) and held an immediate hearing in response to fatalities outside of those clubs. So, whether you like the policy or not, it's not a partisan thing.
  • From978
    2 years ago
    @Ski:. You win
  • nelly76
    2 years ago
    It's still a shame that there was a fatal stabbing at Cadillac Lounge. Obviously, we all send thoughts and prayers that it was desertscrub....
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    One impact the murder had was I was patted down at Desires. First time I have had that happen there.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    While I care not for political pontification, From978 is a contributor and not a fake profile.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion