tuscl

Lottery expected to top $1.9 billion

TxVegas
Still looking for an ATF
No one won again last night.
Lottery will be over $1.9 billion.
Time to pick up a ticket or two just to think what I would do with the winnings.
If you live in a state that publicly identifies the winner, get trust and estate advice. You may be able to claim the winnings through a trust to keep your identity private.

20 comments

• crosscheck
    2 years ago
    And I really thought the ticket I bought yesterday afternoon was going to be the one…
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    It’s fixed, I’m going to win it, I’m just forcing the payoff higher, you need two billion in order to keep one billion, I’m just waiting for the payoff to be right before I claim my prize.
    LOL
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    About 15 years ago when I was working in corporate america, I did a presentation and gave away lottery tickets to the participants of that presentation. I think I spent maybe $20 in tickets that day and gave them all away. Other than that, I have never purchased a lottery ticket. So I consider myself the big winner. Given the absolutely pitiful odds of actually winning the thing, keeping my money seems to be the winning strategy.

Now if I would have done the same strategy with strip clubs, I hate to think how rich I would be today.
  • conan_mac_morna
    2 years ago
    I mainly play the high-dollar scratchers as they have the least bad odds (note that I'm not saying *good* odds). I keep track of performance; so far this year I'm down about $2900. But I've spent far more than that at the bar for the same tangible end result.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Since There is a bigger chance of me being killed on the wat to buy a lottery ticket, I'll just stay home.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    When it gets this big I typically buy a ticket or two, because why not. I don't actually expect to win, but I spend money on fantasy all the time. Most of us here do.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    ^ this
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    that damn cute clerk lied to me.
    she told me I had the winning ticket.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    The only time I buy a lottery ticket is when the jackpot gets big enough to be reported on the news. Yeah, the chances of winning are pretty much infinitesimal, but for a possible $1B plus payout, why not buy a couple of numbers?
  • yahtzee74
    2 years ago
    shadowcat> Since There is a bigger chance of me being killed on the wat to buy a lottery ticket, I'll just stay home.

Just pickup a ticket on your way to the strip club or whatever trip you had to make.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    I am curious where everyone would park a half billion dollars if they won. Bitcoin, right?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Thinking of the big prize isn't plausible really. I think a healthier approach is getting a ticket once in a while and being happy with small prizes which are pretty common.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    ^ Definitely more sound strategy, but I still only buy a ticket when the jackpot makes the national news.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    1 person in CA has the winning ticket. I guess I have to keep working.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Just wanted to let everyone know I didn't win
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ you’re just trying to get ahead of those strippers texts
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I'm the outlier here but I haven't bought any type of lottery ticket in many years.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    '1 person in CA has the winning ticket'

Hmmmm, I wasn't paying attention but heard on the news that there weren't any winning tickets earlier today.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    At the risk of making this slightly political, a Republican Congress could mean the market will bottom out soon. I’d keep the payout in cash for a few months, then go all in on Consumer goods stocks. No tech, no financial. Large, established traditional industries with little international exposure.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    To follow up on my last comment I just now heard on abc news that there is indeed 1 winning ticket.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion